• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boon Michigan, Bonfire?

YamBam

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX-LE 2018
I ride in Michigan but have only ridden in Cadillac a few times. Northwest of Cadillac is the little burg of Boon. I understand that there is often a bonfire for sledders by Boon. Can anyone tell me specifically where the bonfire is? Is it right on the trail? The bonfire at Lakeninland in the U.P. west of Munising is awesome.

It's right behind the boon store off trail 37 between Cadillac and Mesic. It's like a half mile off the trail but it's well marked. Most local trail maps show it. They had the races for the snowfest out there last year. Fun spot to stop.

Another trail side fire stop is in the town of Reed City. Near the main intersection of trails.

Thanks guys. I have seen the fire stop in Reed City but never ridden there. It is interesting how some towns cater to sledders and then other towns like Marquette could care less. There is a hotel and restaurant in Twin Lakes in the U.P that completely caters to sledders. Really cool place to stay. I don't even know/care what it costs!

I know this is an old thread, but it you're in Boon you have to stop at the Boon store and get some SHARP cheddar cheese and pickled bologna for a snack! I hail from Cadillac although I'm now stranded in Minnesota!

Back