• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost activated exhaust?

boost-big.gif

Outlet size shouldn't matter if it meets noise level imo. But I guess you can't argue. Another money grab.

That wont matter here in Maine,now the smart wardins are stopping SW sleds and measuring the Dia. of the outlet pipe,even if you have a super quiet muffler,and it is quiet,if it don't have small Dia. outlet,yup you get a ticket,sucks for all modded SW sleds in our state now,i guess the Cat is out of the bag,no pun intended.

I've went through multiple warden stops with no issue. If it looks factory and isn't obnoxious. Usually not a problem

I've went through multiple warden stops with no issue. If it looks factory and isn't obnoxious. Usually not a problem
That wont matter here in Maine,now the smart wardins are stopping SW sleds and measuring the Dia. of the outlet pipe,even if you have a super quiet muffler,and it is quiet,if it don't have small Dia. outlet,yup you get a ticket,sucks for all modded SW sleds in our state now,i guess the Cat is out of the bag,no pun intended.

Yes this was a topic at a local snowmobile club. Seems like there are 2 different citations. Loud exhaust and modified exhaust. Much like car inspection stickers, expired inspection or tampering with sticker. Shin Pond last weekend, wardens were looking under a Sidewinder with ruler in hand, other guy with Doo had just removed his can and put the stock one back on because riding buddies had warned him about the weekend check point. He was asking a friend why the warden was looking under the winder with measuring device. Did not know the guy on Winder, just wondering why.

Second time I hear about wardens measuring exhaust outlet. Makes me think someone is lurking around sites.

Mine is back to 2” outlet. Not loud at all prior to change.

Shall get to try it out tomorrow with new tune.

Yes this was a topic at a local snowmobile club. Seems like there are 2 different citations. Loud exhaust and modified exhaust. Much like car inspection stickers, expired inspection or tampering with sticker. Shin Pond last weekend, wardens were looking under a Sidewinder with ruler in hand, other guy with Doo had just removed his can and put the stock one back on because riding buddies had warned him about the weekend check point. He was asking a friend why the warden was looking under the winder with measuring device. Did not know the guy on Winder, just wondering why.

Second time I hear about wardens measuring exhaust outlet. Makes me think someone is lurking around sites.

Mine is back to 2” outlet. Not loud at all prior to change.

Shall get to try it out tomorrow with new tune.

That is something if it's getting to that extent ... was in shin pond had stickers checked and was on the way.

That is something if it's getting to that extent ... was in shin pond had stickers checked and was on the way.
Do you have all stock winder?

Nope exhaust from day one. Td sq. Not as quiet as a 900 ace but not as loud as a triple with stingers

Do you have all stock winder?

I actually think the warden would have to write a ticket for the noise coming from the clutch rattle on my sled before he could write one for the exhaust noise.

From Maines Snowmobile Laws:

14-A. Snowmobile noise requirements. This subsection governs noise level requirements for snowmobiles. A. Except as provided in section 13112, a person may not: (1) Operate a snowmobile manufactured after February 1, 2007 that does not display on its exhaust silencer a visible, unaltered certification marking issued by an independent organization that certifies snowmobiles for uniformity of safety features and noise levels; (2) Operate a snowmobile manufactured after October 1, 1985 that emits total vehicle noise greater than 78 decibels of sound pressure level at 50 feet on the “A” scale, as measured by the SAE standards J-192; or (3) Operate a snowmobile with an exhaust system that has been modified in a manner that amplifies or otherwise increases total noise emission above that of the snowmobile as originally constructed, regardless of the date of manufacture.

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/docs/17-MDIFW-17-ATV-Snowmobile-2017 FINAL.pdf

I rode the county this past weekend, saw and heard quite a few sleds with non stock exhaust.

We trailered to Shin Pond and did an overnight in Madawaska and returned the following day.

While at gas stops getting fuel and watching sleds go by, it was very easy to depict one with modified or louder then stock exhaust.
If wardens are looking for loud or modified exhaust, and they want to make some waves, they will.

Did not see any wardens, nor did I want to, even though my sled is minimally louder then stock, I am not 100% sure of the outcome if I did get checked. Now, my muffler is 100% stock looking but is just a touch louder at idle only, I think!

I am not even sure about the fine amount. I have heard many different amounts.

I feel that my exhaust should pass any check point, but will have to wait until next year to find out, because my season is done now and I have not been through a check point all season long, but I know of some that have and will now have to pay once in court. Both charged with modified exhaust. Not winders!!

Back