• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOOST IT VIPER VS MCX VIPER

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 RX1 13 apex se 96 vmax 4 aerocharged
Hello, I plan on getting a 16 mtx and boosting it. My question is will the boost it kit without a headshim make the same power as the mcx 270 ? Of course I want the best throttle response and I always have c 111 or 100ll gas on hand but I still want 270 hp.

Well from my experience the most boost you can run safely in the viper at sea level without a shim or low compression pistons is 6#'s which is just at 190 hp. You get roughly 9.5 hp per # so to get to 270 hp you will need 14#'s or more of boost.

Their website sucks it tells you what the base kit includes but not what HP or #'s it is capable of. I know they have some big hp stuff running on you tube but what they did to get it there is not discussed on the site.

Well from my experience the most boost you can run safely in the viper at sea level without a shim or low compression pistons is 6#'s which is just at 190 hp. You get roughly 9.5 hp per # so to get to 270 hp you will need 14#'s or more of boost.

Their website sucks it tells you what the base kit includes but not what HP or #'s it is capable of. I know they have some big hp stuff running on you tube but what they did to get it there is not discussed on the site.
The only difference is boost it has water to air inter cooler. I dont mind running av gas but I dont know if the head gasket or studs will stand up to 270 hp with stock compression.

Im also riding from 3000ft to 6000 ft

Yeah the intercooler does not make a diff it is the studs and gasket. The Viper motor is diff than say an apex motor but even those needed studs and gasket to run that much hp. There are finally cotrollers coming out that will allow to pull timing out of the CAT ECU but still think that is not possible.

I dont mind installing the arp studs but the water to air makes for cooler consistant air temps. More horse power per pound of boost . BUT....is it capable of 270 hp with 100ll gas ? I know with boost it kits running 10 lbs of boost are incredible and I hear rumor it takes a lot more boost from a shimmed viper or nytro to hang with them. Again I have not been there to witness this. I know my RX1 at 12 lbs boost before the headshim was border line retarded, then after I shimmed it seemed like I needed 17 lbs of boost to equal that.

a boost it viper at 12psi will hang with a 270mcx kit all day long. the water to air intercooler is huge! and better throttle response. i have driven both.

Have you looked into an EVO turbo. They dont use a head shim and do 275hp on 100ll. I purchased one this sumer so I have no real world experience. Just another option. Fred

Not really, no one in my area has installed or sold the kit. I did install my own Alpine kit years ago but there was headaches later on from my install.

I talked to Redline yesterday and they install and ride MCX, MPI, and BOOST IT. I will be going to boost it. The 16 models look awesome as well.

Yeah the intercooler does not make a diff it is the studs and gasket. The Viper motor is diff than say an apex motor but even those needed studs and gasket to run that much hp. There are finally cotrollers coming out that will allow to pull timing out of the CAT ECU but still think that is not possible.

We now have an ECU reflash which will make high compression kits safer. We also can raise the rev limit which makes clutching the sled way easier and better.

We now have an ECU reflash which will make high compression kits safer. We also can raise the rev limit which makes clutching the sled way easier and better.
Yes I have been watch that thread on the Viper side progress. after losing a motor to either too much boost or low octane (bad gas) on the 2014 viper with an MPI stage 1, I rebuilt with low compression pistons, carrillo rods and arp studs to be able to handle more blow. But the 2015 with 6 & 9#'s on the stock motor I think I will talk to Allen Ulmer who is building both sleds now about making the ECU change so maybe able to run it at 9 #'s on less than 110 race gas.

If a person got the reflash and your header for a stock viper, would it work with a turbo kit later on ?

I would think the header will but you will still need a gems or other controller for fuel flow increase, the Flash for a stock N/A motor would not hurt it but would not be tuned to pull timing for the increased compression of the turbo so you would be limited to 6 #'s max on pump gas. In my opinion. Which is also the restriction of the fuel pump and stock injector flow.

Back