• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bosted nytro on E85????

DamonJones

Extreme
Just as a food for thought is this a possible combination? Will the fuel system, including the plastic fuel tank, handle E85? How about the motor? Anyone have any real world experience with this. Seems like is it would be a great solution. E85 is getting easier to find and is about the same price as super. With an octain rating between 105 and 110 it should handle 12-15 pounds of boost without compression changes.

Thoughts?

I would like to know if this is possible also. I have a few friends with turbo cars that run E85 and they in the upper 20's psi...

You would have to completely redo your fuel system especially with the Nytro. E85 requires about 30% more fuel so you will need bigger injectors, fuel pump and maybe a larger fuel rail. And when something requires 30% more fuel you can imagine what your gas milage will be like.

The main problem is E85 does not like to start in cold weather. It's worse then C16.

Those are the cons. Everything else about the sweet nector is all good :)

Ya i knew about the added comsuption, but i figured it was worth looking into. a person can also run a blend of it...
-dru

I have larger injectors that may be just about right for the E85 change over. They are identical in physical size and will drop in. See my Web site, They flow 430cc, the stock Nitro's are 320. I think it would be worth a try, alot cheaper than race gas for moderate boost levels. In some states in the winter months, E85 is actually E70 which would be better for cold starting and for fuel required. For larger boost there is also E98 2% gas for denaturing. That has a octane rating in the 120's. It is alittle harder to find however.
I've been working on a Stand-alone fuel and ignition system for Apex's and when I'm happy with all the tuning, my next thing is converting to E85 or E98 for race performance.
If someone want's to try converting to E85 on the Nitro's, give me a call. I'll help however I can.

Back