• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bottom out bumpers on rear suspension cracked

Rtbo

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
23 SRX
looking over the sled before riding tomorrow and saw the bottom out bumpers on the rails are cracked. I saw something on here before and someone did something different, maybe different bumpers but can’t remember. I did a search and came up empty. Can anyone help me out with a better fix or the thread about it

I installed the Ski-Doo bumpers on my viper and winder. Don’t have part #’s but I believe they were from the sleds in 2008-2012 range prior to the r-motion. They have a nylon insert then the rubber bump stop. Fixed all my issues with cracking the stock rubber bump stops.

Go with Cat RR rail reinforcements and bump stops. Part #'s 13,14,15 and the neccasry bolts and nuts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 231
image.jpg
I have broke lots on skid but never the bumpstops. You guys think the rubber is just junk?
It is definitely too soft. A couple hard bumps and its gone. Always by the end of the bumper stop. I changed the side once And they cracked entirely. After that i changed them. It was the same on my viperT.

Last edited:
I have jumped the Viper, slammed road crossings at speed, pounded miles of whooped trail. Mine look like new yet, this thing has to have BOTTOMED in the last 5000 miles ?

Reason I asked is it looks like it hit back a little further than bumper. But it also looks like screw is bent. You sure your rear shock is even doing anything?

Mine are split as well
Need to turn springs up To medium I guess

Reason I asked is it looks like it hit back a little further than bumper. But it also looks like screw is bent. You sure your rear shock is even doing anything?

Yes rear shock works as it should be. I have 2 young kid + work so i miss time. Lol
When i am able to go ride during the week mostly i rarely go less than 250-300miles. Trails are fast and flat most of the time :). I am carrying 3.3gal of gaz +dry bag full of stuff on the tunnel. My shock setup is pretty nose down in the front amd good pre load on the center. I keep the rear shock pretty soft hi/low, torsion#2 and rebound just a little bit slower than full open... For sure i am bottoming hard:cool: due to my setup and i am the only one to blame but i would like better bumpstops.

What about rr skid bumpstops do you think they will fit?

The rail profile of RR skid is different so it wont be simple to just bolt the reinforcement and bumpstops on. I was going to long ago but didnt bother. Here are some pics. The height of rail is less from ledge to top in the area of bumpstop and cant get assembly centered without having some of the bolt holes for it in open spots of our rails. This is my 129" So other rails maybe it will work.
13000mi on my bumpstops
DSC00960.JPG

RR Bumpstops
DSC00963.JPG

RR Bumpstops on 129 skid
DSC00961.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

I installed the Ski-Doo bumpers on my viper and winder. Don’t have part #’s but I believe they were from the sleds in 2008-2012 range prior to the r-motion. They have a nylon insert then the rubber bump stop. Fixed all my issues with cracking the stock rubber bump stops.
That would help. Phazer has some that are similar.
DSC00964.JPG

I installed the RR rail reinforcements/bump stops on my sled, it's an Sidewinder RTX LE and they bolted right up and the bump stops are the exact height of the old stops.

Back