• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought a 4 seater

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Pulled the trigger on a 19 rzr 4 seat turbo a couple weeks ago. Had the fam in it for over 300 miles now and they all love it.

Did Black river falls this last weekend.

Overall I like the machine a lot. I just can't figure out how to get it to handle washboards at every turn, its violent sometimes and we had to go 8 mph to just gently bounce over them.

Otherwise I got the dust issue figured out so everyone is happy there. It had good power and does seem to handle good.

Where are your favorite spots for families with good stops for food/gas/drinks?

4C6D7A8B-2CBD-4765-A6B2-45A6FF68D5C0.jpeg
33B6750B-6CD2-49D0-BEA8-6171A4209B6D.jpeg
7F94CCB8-D4B9-4BBD-A170-D20892AD6343.jpeg
1D038275-8D55-45EB-A3EF-175641E628E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Just compression, with the walker evans piggybacks. Full soft to full hard and back to full soft made the ride better. It eats some bumps like I'm on a cloud, others it rattles your teeth out.

Looks like I need a true dual rate spring system not the cheesy dual spring from Poo. Fricken $1000 for springs and crossovers seems ridiculous! Maybe I will tough it out until yammie gives us a 4 seat sportster. :yam:

Ive been thinking about a 4 seater. How is the length while driving.
Gorgeous girls, be ready Daddy

What do you mean you got the dust issue figured out?

Augie - The wolverine is too slow, the RZR is 170hp and will be over 180 when I tune it. I like the oomph. I was hoping they go 4 seat YXZ1000.

Yamadoo - the length is invisible, no joke I forget its back there and rides like its much shorter, in fact I almost hit a tree cutting the corner too short (going slow) because you can't tell the length is there. That said the turning radius is horrendous I have to Austin Powers that thing in tight turns making 3 or 4 point turns for turns I feel should be done in 1. That is only in trailer loading, parking routines though. On the trail the length is awesome and really eats up bumps pretty good. Not as good in the stutters but watching wheelers ahead of us, they were annoying for us but it looked like they were out of control bouncing all over. So relatively speaking it rides much smoother and it appears a spring upgrade will get me what I want for overall smoothness.

Carbide - I am allergic to dust and the last time I rode ATV in dusty trails it was miserable. That was a decade ago on a single atv. I did a lot of research and its a common thing on SXS with windshields, the negative pressure behind the windshield creates eddies and sucks the dust in and drops it on the dash and your lap. I use a 3 :1 window for full up, half up (vented), or closed. Then I put a rear fabric window in place to move the negative pressure to the box of the car. Now the dust flys through and the positive pressure in the cab forces the dust out and it doesn't settle. Everyone else in the group was filthy and we were all clean (relatively). I also wear a N95 vented mask under my helmet. Girls never complained of dust in their mouths or eyes so that is a win for managing the dust issues for me.

Fun to get out and explore with something we all like! A few times I got in a rhythm and really started to push the machine and its a riot to drive. Going to flash tune it here soon to increase a few things I didn't like (seat belt limiter, Low gear limiter, etc) but really I like the power! Good grunt! So much so I drove in AWD because the rear wheels just spin otherwise, in AWD she pulls hard and I like it corner to corner.

We are loving our X4 so far including the kids and grandkids. We put 525 miles on it the first week. Rode around cabin in Oscoda, even went to the UP for a few days and rode. Next month we are heading to copper harbor and porkies for a week.
Mission Pointx.jpg

Hey Tom, are there any service manuals available to download for these?

Congrats on the new ride! They are so much fun. We have taken 3 family trips since my last post. I got the shocks and springs set up correctly, I didn't need to buy the $1000 springs! My whole family loves it. Few weeks ago we rode in the rain, with the roof, windscreens, it did awesome. None of us were wet, and of course no dust. My girls seem to love it no matter what. I am glad I tried out this unit as its a new powersport that my actual family really likes (I am solo on sleds LOL) and of course I like all motors!

I think this list is absolutely essential for ME and MY family to really enjoy the unit:

Adjustable front windshield (I ride in the vented position 90% of the time)
Back windshield ( I use a cheap $90 fabric one and it works great)
I added rear view and side mirrors, amazing how much these make me happy
Winch - I have never been stuck yet but I just feel I need it in case we get stuck, I don't ride in packs so I need to get it out on my own
Lower door panels on all 4 doors - Love not getting erroneously sprayed others may like this
Easy Cool vents to prop door open 3" to vent footwell (this gets HOT on my right foot, these help a lot although they let dust in but its not bad)
Ride command - The in dash navigation is the most essential for me to enjoy myself, I like knowing where we are at, how far from a bathroom for a whiny kid, wife, etc. I just love this unit and its awesome to see the trails on the screen and its surprisingly accurate for the trails I ride.
Set of 4 or 8 lock and ride cargo tie downs, these are slick and I used bungies to hold our cooler, blankets, etc. When it gets cold at night the girls cuddle up and the loud noise, hum, and vibrations put them right to sleep!
Large overhead roof light bar - I thought this was dumb and came with the unit and I would have never bought it, after having it OMG must have for night riding, my wife works the rocker switch so we don't blind oncoming traffic but it literally is like turning on the sun at night. We love cruising the woods with girls asleep at night time, hardly any traffic and I can see as good as I can during the day.

Its been fun to drive and learn with this unit, polaris hit a homerun with this if you ask me.

We are loving our X4 so far including the kids and grandkids. We put 525 miles on it the first week. Rode around cabin in Oscoda, even went to the UP for a few days and rode. Next month we are heading to copper harbor and porkies for a week.
View attachment 162062

Hey Tom, are there any service manuals available to download for these?

message @cannondale27

Back