• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bov vacuum signal solenoid vs intake

17winder

Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 Sidewinder Ltx Se
Has anyone bypassed the electric solenoid that operates the bov and ran hose from top of bov to intake manifold to operate from intake vacuum? Heard the solenoid is delayed and not sensitive enough. Wondering other thoughts and opinions

Don't see that at all on the logs. Works just like it should.

Not sure where you heard such a thing.

What is the point of ruing the BOV through the solenoid? Why would you ever want the BOV to not open if you were in boost and let off the throttle? Interesting that all I heard from my sled was surge after letting off the throttle when it was ran through the solenoid. I bypassed the solenoid and no more surge when letting off, I can hear the BOV now.

What is the point of ruing the BOV through the solenoid? Why would you ever want the BOV to not open if you were in boost and let off the throttle? Interesting that all I heard from my sled was surge after letting off the throttle when it was ran through the solenoid. I bypassed the solenoid and no more surge when letting off, I can hear the BOV now.

It does open the BOV when you let off. Look a the logs, it shows it opening and releasing boost after a we bit of spike. Everything runs thru the ECU. Its not a manual turbo setup world any longer...

I can hear the BOV with it hooked up like its supposed to be too.

Perhaps you have some lines crossed. I know some sleds came from the factory with hoses and the electrical messed up as well.

What tune are you running?

It’s just a 2 wire solenoid. The ecu isn’t monitoring anything with the bov. Just opening or closing that solenoid. Wont hurt if it’s bypassed. Perhaps mine was frozen. Not running anyones tune. Currently I have a aftermarket muffler and power commander with the wideband2 module. Going to install a intake and leave the boost levels stock.

Both my dads and my winder are stock and identically set up. His has no turbo lag, you pin the throttle and you better be ready to hang on. On mine I pin it and have a second or so to be ready. I have ordered new solenoid but how did you "bypass"? Did you have to plug the solenoid where hose was ?

Last edited:
Both my dads and my winder are stock and identically set up. His has no turbo lag, you pin the throttle and you better be ready to hang on. On mine I pin it and have a second or so to be ready. I have ordered new solenoid but how did you "bypass"? Did you have to plug the solenoid where hose was ?
That shouldnt be related to the BOV perhaps there is clutching issues. To bypass the BOV solenoid you simply hook the BOV direct to a vacuum source.

Clutches have been swapped, boost goes to ~1375 bars (~12 PSI) , waste gate duty cycle is working, boost leak checked (only can hear a little in air box), bubble tested clamps. checked connectors of waste gate and ABV. Reading the tech release of ABV control "at slow down (throttle off) ABV is closed in advance when boost comes down to improve re acceleration".

My thought: I am assuming the solenoid is normally open, so maybe bad and does not close?

Attachments

• 1644767803887.png
    1644767803887.png
    544.1 KB · Views: 94
Replaced solenoid and it now has no lag! I tried to check solenoid, assumed it was 12v. did not actuate when polarity was correct and got hot when flipped. My sled now runs just like my dad's with no lag.

Replaced solenoid and it now has no lag! I tried to check solenoid, assumed it was 12v. did not actuate when polarity was correct and got hot when flipped. My sled now runs just like my dad's with no lag.
Ya, i see no reason to have the BOV running through a solenoid.

Back