• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brand new lower ball joints loose in knuckles

Sugarkryptonite

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
Hi guys,

Anyone experienced this? Brand new lower ball joints slide in pretty easily in the knuckles, and don't fit tight against the circlip. You can move them up and down about 10 thou. I'm guessing this isn't normal...

I had put different thickness shims in there to take up the slop. One of the members on here offered up a .002, .005, & .010 pack of six shims to fix the problem. The company was NCN? North Coast something or other. Not sure if they are still around.

Arteeex is the TY member that might have more info on these shims and if they are still available.

I have seen this and have one same thing. Peened it and Green Loctite. Should get new a-arm.
Ok good. I have some green Loctite I can use on it.

I had put different thickness shims in there to take up the slop. One of the members on here offered up a .002, .005, & .010 pack of six shims to fix the problem. The company was NCN? North Coast something or other. Not sure if they are still around.
Thanks. I have some shimstock I guess I'll have to try to cut in circles...

Back