• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brand new srx does 200kph

kuvasz

Expert
I got my new srx last week and I've finally got it out of the trailer. I wanted to see if it was "all that yamaha promised" in running 120mph.
When I unloaded it, I ran it right off the trailer for 2500ft. The speedo finally got to 200kph(125mph) at the very end of the 2500ft. I ran it back and forth for a total of 4 runs. Each time the sled made it to 200kph.
The max rpm was 8719 when I recalled it. The temp was 87c. I ran on hard pack and the temp is +1c today.
The sled is completely stock with 96 studs, medium windshield with mirrors.
Now I have 3km's on my sled!

I got my new srx last week and I've finally got it out of the trailer. I wanted to see if it was "all that yamaha promised" in running 120mph.
When I unloaded it, I ran it right off the trailer for 2500ft. The speedo finally got to 200kph(125mph) at the very end of the 2500ft. I ran it back and forth for a total of 4 runs. Each time the sled made it to 200kph.
The max rpm was 8719 when I recalled it. The temp was 87c. I ran on hard pack and the temp is +1c today.
The sled is completely stock with 96 studs, medium windshield with mirrors.
Now I have 3km's on my sled!
Wow ! Congratulation !!! Don't imagine with more boost ...

I have no doubt it will do 200km/h GPS in perfect condition

200km/h speedo whit 1" track is probably around 180-185 km/h GPS MAX :)

Have a good winter :sled1:

That's alittle hard on your new motor, I at least waited for 200 miles lol
200km on speedo for brand new sled is good though....

Some guys are turned up and not hitting those numbers. Best to leave that one alone. Hahaha.

I've had my s.e. to 122mph.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

1" track makes good speed, always did....My clutched apex ran 120(mine was on the gun tho) on LOB ice.

SRX should make speed easier then previous models. Its lowered front end and lower lug track are all set to make speed. And from the post, the RPMS(before break in) are near target already. My 18 took about 200 miles to rev over 8600. That is the new clutching for '19 seems to be working well for stocker.

Sounds like a good start for SRX guys, but not many stock 998s around anywhere..LOL.

You guys all have radar guns and GPS, and you went out without them? Come on. Most guys know better then to post speedo speeds these days without pics of GPS/Radar. I mean this isnt the doo site where they post their dream-meters.lol

Congrats, 998 is a true sweetheart of a motor.
Dan

I don't think the new yamaha speedo's were out that far, maybe a 1 or 2 mph. we're supposed to get a crap load of freezing rain, when the conditions get better I'll have my friend t.k. come over with his new srx(low windshield) and we'll run some #'s for sh1ts and giggles on the radar gun and gps.
All's I was trying to do was inform everyone on the truth on yamaha with their claims of anew 120mph sled.
If you're around Dan? bring your sled. I don't wanna leave any doubt on the accuracy of my radar or gps.

I think everyone is forgetting this thing is brand new. It had 0 km's when tested. It now has 3km's. Yamaha has really hit it's mark. What will this sled do when the motor, track and belt are worn in?
Everyone is worried about gps and radar. I get it, but it'll pick up 10mph when everything is broke in!!!!!

I don't think the new yamaha speedo's were out that far, maybe a 1 or 2 mph. we're supposed to get a crap load of freezing rain, when the conditions get better I'll have my friend t.k. come over with his new srx(low windshield) and we'll run some #'s for sh1ts and giggles on the radar gun and gps.
All's I was trying to do was inform everyone on the truth on yamaha with their claims of anew 120mph sled.
If you're around Dan? bring your sled. I don't wanna leave any doubt on the accuracy of my radar or gps.

I'm with you bro. Speedo accuracy is about 3% high. And to your point. A speedo indicated 125mph is solid. Some guys are running a speedo indicating a lot less.

With that said. Not everyone is trying to have the fastest stock winder in the country. Or really cares to prove it.

I had a dootalk diehard on my sled going 122mph. Indicated......I'm fine.
And like you.....I'd drag my bone sled sled to a lake to play. I would love to see how I'd compare to a 240kit on top.

Congratulations.......no worries and no need to discredit you.......

I think everyone is forgetting this thing is brand new. It had 0 km's when tested. It now has 3km's. Yamaha has really hit it's mark. What will this sled do when the motor, track and belt are worn in?
Everyone is worried about gps and radar. I get it, but it'll pick up 10mph when everything is broke in!!!!!
I doubt 10mph MORE when broke in at that speed but its fast already no doubt. Awesome!

Back