• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Oxygen helmet

msgt van

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX
Anybody had any hands-on experience with the new BRP Oxygen helmet? Looks like it may be a better solution than the Bv2s.

Videos on line .Most are spoken for as they are limited numbers .Some dealers only get 3-5 of them .

Here it is.
maxresdefault.jpg

Very nice looking helmet,but,if your lucky enough to find one you better get your wallet ready for some serious abuse!

I like the BV2S, but it fogs very easily on me. I think it needs a vent to help remove moisture. Just MO.

Went to local dealer today with the intention of buying the new oxygen helmet and ended up with A new 509 Delta R3 2.o with electric shield. I found the ear pieces on the new BRP Oxygen helmet to be very tight and uncomfortable for me. Anybody have the Delta 509 so you can tell me what to expect? Seems very comfortable and seems like good quality helmet for the money.

That's just a cheap Dual Sport helmet .

Went to local dealer today with the intention of buying the new oxygen helmet and ended up with A new 509 Delta R3 2.o with electric shield. I found the ear pieces on the new BRP Oxygen helmet to be very tight and uncomfortable for me. Anybody have the Delta 509 so you can tell me what to expect? Seems very comfortable and seems like good quality helmet for the money.
Remove the ear pieces .I found it too tight also with ear pieces in .Fits nice without the ear pieces in .

BRP is a cheaply made overpriced helmet. I have had many BV2 and BVs and they work well but they just fall apart so fast and break easy.
You mean BV2S ?BV2 sounds like a drink ?Must be bad luck ,Never a problem with either of my 3 BV2S lids . Best Lid ever that i still have is my Yamaha Wedge Too bad i can't find a new shield for it .I also have the Bell And BRP Dual sport lids ,They're nothing special .

You mean BV2S ?BV2 sounds like a drink ?Must be bad luck ,Never a problem with either of my 3 BV2S lids . Best Lid ever that i still have is my Yamaha Wedge Too bad i can't find a new shield for it .I also have the Bell And BRP Dual sport lids ,They're nothing special .

Dont get me wrong the BV2S is a great helmet but I put on piles of miles and are taken on and off a lot. They last me 2 years and then they all fall apart. BV2S I had to replace the nose piece twice as it would not adjust any longer, screw kept falling out of the windshield, windshield cracked in the center from opening and closing it and delaminated after 1 year. As far as the BV, my bad as I was thinking the Doo Modulars were BV . The Doo Mod 2s same thing. 2 years and straps for the nose piece break and the lining starts to fall out and the screws wont stay tight on the lens and chin piece. Also the heated shield is coated with something and it started to fall off after 2 rides and I had to get another shield. Also the replacement part costs are like buying another helmet.

Dont get me wrong the BV2S is a great helmet but I put on piles of miles and are taken on and off a lot. They last me 2 years and then they all fall apart. BV2S I had to replace the nose piece twice as it would not adjust any longer, screw kept falling out of the windshield, windshield cracked in the center from opening and closing it and delaminated after 1 year. As far as the BV, my bad as I was thinking the Doo Modulars were BV . The Doo Mod 2s same thing. 2 years and straps for the nose piece break and the lining starts to fall out and the screws wont stay tight on the lens and chin piece. Also the heated shield is coated with something and it started to fall off after 2 rides and I had to get another shield. Also the replacement part costs are like buying another helmet.
I ride over 6k miles per year myself .You should ck.out the video of how the oxygen lid is made .Then have a BV & Ginger .Worst lids i have are the Klim F4 and the 509 carbon .

I ride over 6k miles per year myself .You should ck.out the video of how the oxygen lid is made .Then have a BV & Ginger .Worst lids i have are the Klim F4 and the 509 carbon .

As well as I take care of my suff, it should not fall apart. It knows I dont care for BRP and I run TY and the stuff hates me and I hate it back. To each his own.

Back