• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Btx le gearing

With LE gears and my stock 2.25 I saw 106 on speedo on hard pack but I cut my 2.25 down to 1.75 so I have closer to an se now I'm not sure I will get much faster without a gear change
with a 153 thats probably fast enough lol that was my numbers on speedo to exactly same as yours and same sled just never cut down track. id the 270 tune so should get there fast now

hey Joshua,did you change your driver's to 7 tooth,because if you have btx le you have 8 tooth drivers or did I miss something since I have been watching this thread

Sorry I have the 8 tooth drivers. Its 100% stock

I was reading through this thread and I shook my head. With the exception of the original post nobody else has listed what gearing they currently have, only their snowmobile model. This makes it much more difficult for others to respond.

2017 Sidewinder gearing:

Track Lengths: 129 – 137 = 9T Drivers x 2.86 Pitch & 21/41 Gearing

Track Lengths: 141 x 1.6 & 153 X 1.75= 8T Drivers x 3.00 Pitch & 21/41 Gearing

Track Lengths: 141 X 2.25 & 153 x 2.25= 8T Drivers x 3.00 Pitch & 24/50 Gearing

Track Lengths: 162 X 3.00 = 7T Drivers x 3.00 Pitch & 21/49 Gearing

In 2018 there was a change to a dropped chain case in the Sidewinder MTX which allowed for 8t tooth drive sprockets. The over all gear ratio went up but the sprockets and chain did not change. So “MTX gearing” could be could be more than one combination. The same confusion can happen from someone describing “XTX gearing” or “LE gearing”.

This chart shows standard gear ratios and required chain lengths when everything is new. I have heard of people creating some non-standard combinations by going up one tooth on one of the sprockets after the chain has stretched. Obviously these non-standard combinations would only work on a case-by-case basis. I do not recommend going down on sprocket size from these combos. The chain will have too much slack.

View attachment 141380

Your gearing will have an effect on your clutch setup. It’s hard to give too much advice ahead of time. Pick the gears you want and try out your current clutching. If it’s not doing what you want come back to us and described what it’s doing. At that time it will be much easier to give advice to correct any clutch issues. -PeeWee

My sled is at the dealer right now and getting MTX gearing installed. However I ordered the MTX chain and they are saying the MTX chain is too long and they had to use the stock chain. I'm assuming the reason for this is I don't have the drop chain case. I have the stock 8T drivers with 24/50 gearing. Is this right?

Using the chart that I had posted earlier if you have 24/50 gearing you should have a 92 link chain. The 2015-2017 MTX’s used 21/49 gears and a 90 link chain. The 2018 and up MTX has a longer dropped chain case and have a corresponding longer chain. Off the top of my head I am not aware of the new chain length.

I would be concerned that your 92 link chain still might be too long for 21/49 gears. -PeeWee

I was thinking the same thing. But the words my dealer said was the stock chain fit the MTX gearing perfectly.

I drive a lot of rough terrain at sea level (a lot of deep snow) and I need an instant lift of the front end.

I have a standard BTX LE 153 2.25, 24/50 chain 92.

The variator is heated strongly, and the belt is torn. I want to change the gear ratio to 21/49 chain 92 to increase the torque and reduce the load on the belt. Am I thinking right?

At the moment, I changed the spring tension of the secondary variator, it was 3/3, I made 2/6. Maybe I need to change in the other direction?

The driver is 8 teeth, I want to install 7.

I drive a lot of rough terrain at sea level (a lot of deep snow) and I need an instant lift of the front end.

I have a standard BTX LE 153 2.25, 24/50 chain 92.

The variator is heated strongly, and the belt is torn. I want to change the gear ratio to 21/49 chain 92 to increase the torque and reduce the load on the belt. Am I thinking right?

At the moment, I changed the spring tension of the secondary variator, it was 3/3, I made 2/6. Maybe I need to change in the other direction?

The driver is 8 teeth, I want to install 7.
Stock secondary spring? 6-2 is going to bind on the stock spring

Stock secondary spring? 6-2 is going to bind on the stock spring
Standard spring. What should I do? It is not possible to replace the standard spring in the near future. The season is in full swing.

Standard spring. What should I do? It is not possible to replace the standard spring in the near future. The season is in full swing.
I’m not sure.. hopefully someone on here can help you more but I wouldn’t wrap the stock spring at 6-2

I’m not sure.. hopefully someone on here can help you more but I wouldn’t wrap the stock spring at 6-2
What is the maximum stretch that can be done with a native spring? 1/6=70? The standard 3/3=60 was.

The last belt broke as follows when accelerating in a straight line (high RPM, maximum speed). The snowmobile is a standard BTX. Only the spring tension of the secondary variator was 2-6. I've done 1-6, I'll be watching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303_221759.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303_221759.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20230303_221812.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303_221812.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 56
Can I install 21T on top if there is 50T on the bottom and the chain costs 92 links?

Back