• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Btx set up

I am trying a new set up with my SE Float 3's :

stingray mods center spring for front rear shock. 3.5 turns from 0 preload (this was cranked to the MAX from the factory)
went from 95psi in fronts to 70 psi
went from 140psi in rear ff3 to 120 psi.
Limiter strap all the way out.

I will be trail riding this for 300+ miles this weekend. If I see any deep snow I will head for it!

My complaints after my intial 100 mile ride was it felt bouncy, harsh, and had decent transfer like 10-15" in most conditions. I am hoping for wheelies now in the deep and 15-20" ski lift on hardpack with more comfort on trail chatter and no bottoming. Also steering with the brake LOL

Reset up my suspension according to minks_698 & Mrkiane suggestions. wow the difference it made can't wait to get back up in Michigan to try it in deep snow. ran it around home in my fields for a while and handled like I always wish it would have.

My set up worked marginally better, although 120 on the rear is too soft for trails, I will try 130psi and go from 3.5 turns on center spring to 5 and see if I can get it lighter. I will say in the deep snow I am impressed with the sleds ability to get up on plane and never give a hint of being stuck. That is new coming from a trail 151 apex LOL

How did yours get Evol? Just picked up a new in crate 17 B-TX and its float 3s all around no evol even in rear. I didn't find it to be stiff at all yet. Only 65 miles so to early to tell.
2017 BTX LE

Diesel, how did the Hygear setup work for you.? I am about ready to order the four Axis shocks with the XTX trail kit from Hygear and i would love to know how their system works. I have an LTX with QS3"s and really like the ride. I want to get closed to that.

I would like to order the Axis shocks for my front end. Hygear is questioning the width of the front end and says if it is less that 42" wide, they do not have a shock for the four stroke sleds. I measured the mounting brackets off of the ground and the measurement was 17 3/4". I went to a new Sidewinder trail sled and did the same thing and got the same results of 17 3/4". Not sure of where to go from here?

Ok same as mine and it doesn’t transfer the best stock here is my shock pressures I’m 190 dressed and have 2gal of gas on back and a bag.
Front main 70
Front evol 150
Center main 55
Center evol. 125
Rear main 145
Rear evol 250
Rebound 8 clicks from fast
Limiter strap all the way loose
All pressure set at 55deg in my garage
I also cut my track down to 1.75 because on the trail I couldn’t hook up the 2.25 it would fold the lugs over and spin it is now a rocket and holds the skis in the air.
I have also noticed the 2.25 track not hooking up in the hard stuff, I was wondering how you went about cutting your track down, and did you put screws in it or it was just better by cutting it? thanks in advance.

Back