• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead replacement

jclee71

Extreme
06 Apex GT, Replacing clutch side (left) bulkhead due hitting rock off trail, front bottom hole snapped off and rear hole is egged out i guess from the impact so don't think i can do repair kit, so starting pulling apart, do i have to remove suspension on both sides or just the left, any other tips would be appreciated

The studs holding the two sides together will come out if you stake the nut to the stud with a chisel. Both sides don't need removal. The multigrip rivets are available from Fastenal.

yes on the you do not have to pull both sides unless you are unlucky like my brother and distort both sides when he hit on the right side lower a arm bulkhead bolt in the frame. nothing was bad either other than the grease fitting on the bolt was mashed flat on that bolt.

Ok thks guys, im doing a little each day when i have few minutes, got the left side suspension out along with airbox, battery tray, etc, wondering if i can salvage the shock on the impact side, it looks like the bottom mount got bent slightly, think I can bend it back with compromising the strength of the shaft?, thanks again

you might get away with it for a bit bent back, but it will fail. went through this with a set of oilns on a sled with one bent.

Back