• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying used what to look for

Yella

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rx Warrior
Looking a buying a used rx warrior.. What 4 things should i be looking for ?

Any help would be awesome.

egged out suspension mounting holes/bent parts, exhaust donut condition, overall condition and play in a arm bushings. there are other things but those are some of the main ones that an add up in repair costs quick.

Boy trying to find something 15 or more years old is tough. If they were ridden hard everything from suspension to clutching, exhaust and all bearings in drive train need to be reviewed.

They were so heavy that everything took a beating and the 121" barely made a season when I was riding them that they needed major work. If you can find one with under 5000 miles that's where I would try to start

I found one with 2k on it... But really raising red flags... Looks mint from pics... Says original owner too

it could be as some people bought them and put no miles almost on them but they are rare. i have not bought a 4 stroke like that but did get ahold of a 2 stroke that was low miles like that but i knew its history.

just have a look at the w arm in the suspension. if it has low rust, odds are the miles are correct as they corrode by the welds fairly quick when they get a bunch of miles on them.

So regarding miles on a sled. I have an 03 RX1 and bought it with 3800 miles. Now that's what it says. Is it possible to buy a different speedometer with lower miles? Or does the computer change that when you replace your speedo... just wondering???

milage is held in the speedo. there are dishonest ppl out there that would do that. i would look at the paint on the a arms and w arm in the rear suspension as the paint/powder coating tends to flake off or rust off at the welds 1st and with low milage it would all be there if it was taken care of or trailerd in an enclosed trailer out of the salt.

Low km and low price are pretty common for a Yamaha 4 stroke in Alberta Canada.i got a 2004 rx1 mnt with 1200km on it and already had to fix a bunch of things,but the other I bought with 4000 km on it haven't done much repair other then they weren't greasing the skid so it had wear

Back