• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bye bye viper

MA03RX1ER

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX and 2003 RX1 w/MTN Conversion
Lost its life yesterday on Rangeley Lake in Maine. Hit a ice ridge at a funky angle, she keeled and the right ski stuck in on landing making her flip 7 times end over end. She was a good sled, hope her 2016 cousin treats me as well.
IMG_6835.png
IMG_6836.png
IMG_6834.png

Bad news!!! Had same thing happen with my brand new attak a few years ago.... Sucks I know ,but you walked away to tell us about , they will make more just like it, sorry for your loss,least it happend at the end of the season

I'll be on the rx1 for the rest of the season. Glad I kept it.

Can I ask how fast you were going? - something identical happened to a friend this weekend on his Renegade on Georgian Bay. The ice was super rough, you had no idea what was underneath until you hit it. It just looked wavey on the surface. His damage wasnt as severe but still quite the wake up call. He was going about a 110kmph and I was back doing 60kmph. He figured with the long track he was invincible. My 121 was like a riding in a rodeo thats why I slowed. MS

Wow,that is crazy! Hey at least you are getting a 2016! I am also snowchecking one. Blue n white RTX LE

Wow really glad it's just the sled.

I was to the bar so between 95 and 105. It sucks I spent the time building it to what it was for it to all go away but I walked away from it so that's all I can really ask for. I already put the claim in and allstate has been incredible so far. They're replacing my helmet, urged me to go to the er and get checked out and pledged to cover that, they'll even cover my jacket or other clothing if it got damaged in the crash.

Dang! Gald you are alright!

Sounds like great insurance....I think mine would have said I intentially did this and told me to take some Advil....LOL

Again, glad your here to talk about it.

Back