• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cabelas Gore Tex Bibs

nAVEL

Veteran
Hey Everyone -

Ok, labour day has passed and it's time to start thinking about the upcoming sledding season. :)

I got stuck in some freezing rain last winter for a couple of long hauls. I have a Gore Tex Yamaha Avalanche jacket (Reima) and its AWESOME but I've got some coldwave pants that left me soggy and freezing. Looking at picking up some Gore Tex bibs without spending a fortune.

I hear Cabelas bibs are good. The problem is they have several Gore Tex models.

Which do you guys use? What's lined? What's appropriate for snowmobiling in the Great White North?

Thanks for your help and it's good to be back in the snowmo mode!
..n

saginaw_22 said:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21082-cat601862&id=0027474922470a&navCount=2&podId=0027474&parentId=cat601862&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601862&hasJS=true
I have had these bibs for 4 years now great stuff
Water proof in pouring rain...last year for 70 miles......
Very warm and have the reflective strips on em
love em
would buy another pair in a heart beat

Looking at some of the comments on those particular bibs, it appears the front zipper doesn't go down as far as it necessarily needs to when nature calls. Looks like great bibs to keep from getting wet from the outside in...but if the zipper doesn't go down far enough...ya might get wet from the inside out!
:jump:

Back