• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cable extension now no throttle...

Fscott4

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
I put a riser on my 03 RX1 which required an extension to the throttle cable. Everything is installed, sled starts and seems to idle high but absolutely no throttle response!
Not sure what I could have done wrong. This was a pretty straight forward project. The extension was put on the handlebar end of the cable not the carb end.
Any thoughts will be welcome!
Thanks!!

Have you checked for proper throttle cable free play? I suspect that it's a TORS issue where possibly the extension was not sufficient and is now slightly engaging the throttle (hence the high idle) and when giving it more throttle, TORS is kicking in. Although I only added a 4" riser on my RX-1 where I could only get the engine to idle higher when turning the handlebars to the extreme right and left, I opted to purchase the throttle cable for a RX-1M (Mountain version of RX-1) as they were longer than the ones used on the RX-1.

Throttle.JPG

I had the cable installed in the handle incorrectly. I had the small C clip on it and it wouldnt seat correctly. removed it, reinstalled and if runs like a champ now.

Back