• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can slide springs affect rpm?

yes I did go to 165's but having said that when it was stock my friend had an ecp kit and we compared at the pumps and we were within $1 of each other. He has sold the sled so we could'nt compare but I now am quite a bit worse than I was last year. This is the only comparison I have and I'm not sure on the mileage but we started all full at the same time and these are the refill prices in Canadian
RX1 $31
F7 $34
T660 $22
I figured I used about $5 extra than I should have and that is quite a bit, but maybe I'm wrong.

I average about $10 cheaper then my buddies on their 01 XCR 800 and a 03 XC 700, but that was pre-filter kit, so I am not sure now. I haven't honestly rode the sled for more then 20 miles at a time since I put the kit on

I have a filter kit on mine and I was consistently only $1-3 more than my buddies stock sled.

I was having a problem with mine and I traced it back to where the springs are. I pulled the tops off the carbs and found one of the boots actually pulled away from the edge. I would say the vacuum wasn't working to good. Anyways, it's always good to start with the basics before you start changing clutch settings. I was able to sync my carbs a lot easier after I found this problem.

my sled still has never seen 10,500 rpms. With Haucks setup I was seeing 9800-9900. I moved the secondary 1 setting and now see 10,100. Does that make sense? Does each 10 degrees on the secondary give you a couple hundred rpms? Hauck gave me the maximum secondary setting and I still have some movement there. I was going to move it again this weekend and see what happens.

Back