• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you identify what he Nytro A-arms these r???

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha FX Nytro 136, mountain fit vent kit, oft steering relocate, mountaintech skid plate, simmons flexi skiis with 6 dual runners, skinz front bumper, DDM Tuning HID lights, 55 watt ballasts with 4300k bulbs.

All done in one season.

That's is so far but much more on plate for this year!
So I traded a hood a for set of a-arms and spindles because I have a 2008 and was told these were from a 2009 so will be worth the update if they are what he says.

Once I confirm I will order the oilite bushing kit for them which is half the reason need to know what year. Also want to get them powder coated after confirmation but not till them.

08 & 09 spindles diff as well? Can you weld a cracked spindle? Is there a sleeve pressed in or bearinf or something that is a known issue?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414145455.406912.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414145477.238863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414145497.478448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414145520.093573.jpg

Thanks a lot fellas!

Measure the inner diameter of the tubes where the bushings press in. If they are all the same diameter they are 2009 or newer. If the upper a arm tubes are smaller diameter than the lower a arm tubes, they are 2008. Since it looks like some of your bushings are in and some are not, BE SURE you're comparing the right measurements, (tube diameter w/out bushing installed).

Measure the inner diameter of the tubes where the bushings press in. If they are all the same diameter they are 2009 or newer. If the upper a arm tubes are smaller diameter than the lower a arm tubes, they are 2008. Since it looks like some of your bushings are in and some are not, BE SURE you're comparing the right measurements, (tube diameter w/out bushing installed).

I wish I would've took a closer look at the a arms on the 08 and 09 nytro to know the difference. This is great information.

Ya I am trying to upgrade my 08 to the 09 and was told these came off a 09 but I couldn't confirm so trying to now before I spend the time and money for powder coating and labor. I will check them and report back. I traded all and after my trade this set my cost is $30. So even if 08 I still wanted them as back up. Really want the Skinz front end and Air frames etc.

Ya I am trying to upgrade my 08 to the 09 and was told these came off a 09 but I couldn't confirm so trying to now before I spend the time and money for powder coating and labor. I will check them and report back. I traded all and after my trade this set my cost is $30. So even if 08 I still wanted them as back up. Really want the Skinz front end and Air frames etc.

I'm not 100% sure but you may need the spindles along with the a-arms to make it a complete 09. Maybe one of the other guys can verify on the site.

Ya pretty sure and I have both however one is cracked and hoping I can fix it? these repairable? Will upload a pic of it soon. Thanks for any input.

The upper a-arms can be identified by the bushing size as stated. If the bushing tube is smaller than the lower a-arm bushing tube then it's a 2008 upper a-arm. The bottom a-arm length can be measured to determine if it's a 2008 or newer arm. The 2008 lower arms are longer than the 09+ arms but I can't remember the exact lengths (I'm not sure if this was true for the narrower stance on the mountain sleds). The 2008 lower a-arms also only had one sway bar link hole and the newer arms had two link mounting locations. It looks like those are off a 2008.

If you switch to the 09+ a-arms you should replace spindles and you'll also need to either replace the tie rods or cut the 08 tie rods shorter.

Last edited:
did all of the sleds get the new front end in 09? or just the RTX SE and XTX? I always thought the new front end was only those two models in 09 along with the updated tunnel/running boards, and the rest of the models got updated in 10. If so, then these could be 09 a-arms, but still the old style. I know the XTX got silver arms that year, can't remember what colour the RTX SE got though.

Huh odd. I didn't know all that. Tried to remove a plastic bushing to measure but got a seperated shoulder and damn that thing is stubborn.

Tips or tricks on that?

Back