• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you retro fit the 06Apex bars to an 04 warrior

i wonder if you can make that jumper that they give you with the new bars? and get more heat out of the 06 grips? maybe a fix for pepole who cant get bars yet?

Got Apex RTX? said:
iasledder said:
I went with the Sportech plastic hooks, which required some modification to screw in place. Sure helped, but will go with new bars. Wonder what would happen if the current heaters were to be wired in series like the new bars?

O.K., I've been doing some thinking on this one and here is what I've come up with.
The 06' grips are ~2.2 Ohms each and wires in series. This means that there is 4.4 Ohms resistance in the circuit. The "new" ones are ~6.8 Ohms per grip. Assuming 12.0 volts D.C. heres the math.

06' (Stock)
Watts= Volts ^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 4.4 Ohms = 32.7 Watts Total.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 32.7W / 12.0 V = 2.73 Amps.

06' (Stock in Parallel)
R(parrallel)= (R1XR2)/(R1+R2), = (2.2X2.2)/(2.2+2.2),= 4.84/4.4= 1.10 Ohms.
Watts= Volts^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 1.10 Ohms = 130.9 Watts Total.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 130.9 W / 12.0 V = 10.9 Amps.

07' (Stock Parallel)
R=(R1XR2)/(R1+R2), = (6.8X6.8)/(6.8+6.8),= 46.24/13.6=3.4 Ohms.
Watts= Volts^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 3.4 Ohms = 42.35 Watts.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 42.35 W / 12.0 V = 3.53 Amps.

So as you can see if you wire your 06' bars in parallel (and set them at max heat) you will be drawing over 10.0 Amps which I believe is what the fuse is rated for. Also you will have over 3 times the wattage to the grips. They will get soft and melt the glue that holds them on. So I would not recomend this practice. Now one thing you could do is add resistors to the circuit to increase the resistance to something close to the "new grips" this will increase you wattage from ~32.0 Watts to ~44.0 Watts. Definently will help however the fact that the element is much smaller and does not include the end will not make them equal in warmth to the "new" ones.

I plan on trying the added resistor method. My sled and a friend of mines Viper. He bought the grips and ends before the heat issue was known. :o| Because of my custom hand gaurd mounts I want to try and keep these bars at least until I bend them. I will let you know how it works out.

Hope this helps

:yam:

Be careful!!

Back