• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

What will this mean for the pro cross chassis, if the pro cross falls under this court order that's not good news, not sure how many times Cat has appealed the courts on these decisions and if they can again to stall the actions, LOL... so winder owners have been riding Doo/ Cat/ Yamaha's, Ba ha ha ha.

2014 would be the pro cross, first year for the viper, same chassis pretty much today.

Abolish patent protection. It's just government protection to force consumers to pay more for products. See it in drugs/medicines all the time.

Keep it up BRP, maybe we'll get a new chassis soon!

Doesn't seem to affect the US side. Us Canadians are in a worse situation. Order your parts now. Hopefully anyone who ordered a new sled will get it.

This is another version of an article I read yesterday which actually was more specific saying all machines produced from MY12 on (procross) and sold in Canada.

What I see is AC/Textron was playing "what if" releasing the 2021 model year so early. Anyone in manufacturing knows that they were stock piling parts for 2021 production this summer months back. And this lawsuit had two outcomes, dismissed or pushed through with these penalties. So if they took orders on 2021 units before this suit was final, they would pay $135/unit fine. If they had not sold those 2021 units by this time, they would not be allowed to.

So if you are AC/Textron, you sell all you can of 2021's assuming $135 less profit, and if it is dismissed, all is fine. If it ends up like it did, you now of a very limited 2021 production year of pre-sold machines, and you move on to the new chassis for 2022. Which is what is being forced on them now. It's fair to say, that the 2022 rumor thread will be short, as we all know there will finally be a new chassis in the AC lineup and more than likely the Yamaha line up, as the courts have mandated it.

Idk how this affects Yamaha procross sled sales in Canada put could be the final nail in the Yamaha Snowmobile Division coffin. I doubt Yamaha will spend 1 cent on law suits for procross sales. Textron has plenty of money but do they care to continue the law suit at what cost?

Idk how this affects Yamaha procross sled sales in Canada put could be the final nail in the Yamaha Snowmobile Division coffin. I doubt Yamaha will spend 1 cent on law suits for procross sales. Textron has plenty of money but do they care to continue the law suit at what cost?
I see it this way, its the deciding factor for the direction for Yamaha to make a decision. I think they will either build their own chassie, or switch to a different supplier other than Textron, or it will be the dreaded nail in the coffin for the sled division. When it comes to Textron, you just took away a good size portion of their sales by eliminating Canada, especially if that includes the procross in Yamaha clothing. We have to remember that Yamaha and Textron don't need the sled divisions to survive. In fact, when it comes to the bottom line, the snowmobile division's for each company might be more of a negative for the financial statements. It makes a lot of sense why Textron announced their 2021's as early as they did and that it was preorder only! I just wonder if Yamaha got caught by surprise with this one too like they did with the Cat sale to Textron.

I see it this way, its the deciding factor for the direction for Yamaha to make a decision. I think they will either build their own chassie, or switch to a different supplier other than Textron, or it will be the dreaded nail in the coffin for the sled division. When it comes to Textron, you just took away a good size portion of their sales by eliminating Canada, especially if that includes the procross in Yamaha clothing. We have to remember that Yamaha and Textron don't need the sled divisions to survive. In fact, when it comes to the bottom line, the snowmobile division's for each company might be more of a negative for the financial statements. It makes a lot of sense why Textron announced their 2021's as early as they did and that it was preorder only! I just wonder if Yamaha got caught by surprise with this one too like they did with the Cat sale to Textron.
Yamaha didn’t get surprised by the Textron buy out of AC Yamaha didn’t want AC so passed. Yamaha also knew about the BRP law suit may even have price protection written into their procross purchase contract. Who knows what the lawsuit means to Yamaha procross sales in Canada? Textron can opt out by introducing a new chassis, sustain a long term appeal of the lawsuit or barter an agreement of some design that is exclusive to AC and give rights to BRP. This is not a done deal but does add cost consideration to AC and Yamaha Canadian businesses just what the Canadians want to hear I’m sure. Lol

I kinda feel sorry for Jaret, he's been selling and promoting stolen goods, its bad enough that riders excepted the Cat/ Yamaha agreement and had to swallow their identity with the merge, now Yamaha costumers are dealing with stolen chassis design on top of thinking their blue Cat is a Yamaha, I think this is a big slap in the face, Yamaha better step up and give us our own chassis back with our own turbo 4 strokes and 2 strokes.

You have been spewing your crap about Yamaha being done for years now....give it a rest already. Yamaha will be delivering the 2021's this fall and in 2022, 2023 ect… Go enjoy your turd 900t and just stop trying to stir the pot. I hear doo talk calling your name....see ya!

You have been spewing your crap about Yamaha being done for years now....give it a rest already. Yamaha will be delivering the 2021's this fall and in 2022, 2023 ect… Go enjoy your turd 900t and just stop trying to stir the pot. I hear doo talk calling your name....see ya!
And good day to you too. Lol. It is what it is just conversing about a new fact that came to light today. I do think it’s worth discussing if not mods are free to delete the topic. I do care a lot about Yamaha and it’s continued participation in snowmobiles. I have owned all brands in my lifetime and do my comparisons for my needs when it’s purchase time. For me it’s the best mousetrap available and Yamaha had a very good run with me. Who knows maybe the procross will be replaced with a very good new chassis for Yamaha. If that happens I will get my butt on one ASAP and hope it blows me away an buy one. Just have to see.

Back