• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb fast to gum up or WTF!

sbk_drew

Veteran
Towards the end of this last October, I went out to get the Grizz (05' 660) loaded to go riding for the weekend and it wouldn't start.
Wasn't getting any fuel to the intake/cylinder.
Pulled the tank and airbox to check the carb. The pilot looked a little dirty/clogged so I cleaned it all up and then it started as normal. Ran fine all weekend.
Fast forward to yesterday......Figured I 'd better run it for awhile so I don't have the same problem again.
I always use the choke when it's cold or been sitting for a long time.
Sure as #*$&@.........same problem again after about 6 weeks of sitting there, in the garage.
That was a fresh tank of gas I had put in after cleaning the carb thouroughly.

First off, yeah I should ride it more often but jeez.
Anybody else have this problem with their Grizz. I have a hard time believing the gas is causing this problem.

I would say it's not your Grizz. It's the gas going bad. Todays gas starts getting bad with in a few weeks of sitting. I always put a gas stabilizer in anything that will sit for more than 2 weeks.

That being said, what is it with today's gas?
More Ethonal content or what?

A good friend of mine delivers gas to stations. He has told my that gas will start losing it's octane within 2 weeks. I didn't mean anything by "todays gas". But imo it does break down faster than it used to.

Alright, thanks.
Should I put some Stabil in then or would Sea Foam work?

I used to use Stabil but I have switched to Seafoam. Seafoam stabilizes, takes water out and cleans your carb and internal motor parts. I'm really sold on the stuff. Read the can and see all the things it does, great product IMO.

Ganz said:
I used to use Stabil but I have switched to Seafoam. Seafoam stabilizes, takes water out and cleans your carb and internal motor parts. I'm really sold on the stuff. Read the can and see all the things it does, great product IMO.
Ganz, I really like your signature line, there is a lot of truth in it.

Where do you get Seafoam at? It sounds like good stuff.

I buy it at Farm Fleet in Wisconsin. Not sure if they are in Ohio. I know Carquest sells it too. Check out a auto parts store in your area. It's good stuff I swear by it.

seafoam

I'm in the washington dc area, does anyone know where to get this seafoam? and if i do find it how is it to be used with the quads (raptor,grizz) do you poor the bottle/can in the gas tank or just a little per tank of gas or what, can someone share this info please.

BLADES

Check your auto parts store.

Just read the side of the can it will instruct you how to use it.

yea, that would be a automatic with me (reading instructions)when buying anything but I was just thinking that this stuff was not made for quads specificly (since I never have seen this stuff before in any powersport store) therefore I was under the impression there would be no instructions on how to specificlly use it for a quad so I wanted to know from someone who had used it before on there quad to see how they applied it and the results, thats what I was trying to say. I would would like to think most people if not all would read befor using any product.

Blades.

It's just a gas/oil additive. It can be used in all gas engines.

I use it in everything I own. I mix 1 ounce per gallon of gas for storage purposes. Stronger if I want to clean the carb/engine/injectors. They use this stuff at 100% concentration in fuel injector cleaner machines. It can also be dumped into your motor oil. I have never done that but the directions say you can.

It has helped every poorly running engine I have, run much, much better. I couldn't believe it but it works. Then I started talking to others that had the same experiences as me. I'm not big on magic potions but this really does work. And no I'm not a salesman for the company.

Back