• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb Jets Questions

BelowZero

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Vector LTX GT
My 08 Vector LTX GT has run extremely well this winter. Very happy with the machine. I don't want to mess that up, but the delay in the idle coming back down irritates me, and I have read some threads here that the delay is simple to fix. If I replace the stock slow jets with 50's, will this solve the problem? Are there any unintended consequences in doing this? Do I also have to change the main jets to keep from messing it up? Thanks,

Last edited:

I went ahead and bought three of the #50 jets. I plan to put them in before I put my sled away, but I won't know how much difference they make until next winter when I can use it. I have no idea if anyone else is interested in this or not, but I will post performance results when the snow returns and I have run it some.

I had idle quality issues when I tried the 50 pilots. When coming off of high idle after a cold startup, my maching would bog down and stall.
I switched to 48 pilots and have had no issues since. However others seemingly have been perfectly happy with the 50's. I also drilled out the plugs on the bottom of the carbs to set all of the fuel screws to original 2005 specs, before they were set and sealed from the factory. I believe it is 3 turns out.

Back