• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbides Tearing up Ski Guides

markt111

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
all Yamahas
I have recently installed Johnmasters dual runner carbides, they mad an incredible difference in the handling of my Vector.

The issue now is they do not work with my ski guides in my enclosed trailer, what have you done to resolve this without installing wheels on the skis? they dig, cut and then get stuck on the guides, I had to put some wood under the skis just to get it off the trailer the other day,

Being new sounds like they got a lot of bite, hopefully wear down some for you.
I know when my Woody 4" duel / tuners are new they'll grab bad, running Caliber low profile guides I try to keep some snow on them as LUBE!

Try dulling them some with a real hard rock?
LOL :)

I've had same problem with mine though not same carbides. Mine cut the aluminum just before I reach the guides. Some say lay a piece. Of pvc pipe on ground before you climb in. Back to guides, honestly idk how to fix other than anytime I see a pick up bedliner on the side of the road I grab it cut it width and use to replace them

Back