• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbides

Nytro1386

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'13 Nytro XTX
Hey guys just looking for some advice for carbides on on the 2020 winders. I just picked up my XTX last week. It has the 6.5 inch wide single keel ski's on it so just looking for anybody opinions to run on it.
Thanks.

Are you going to be running trails as well as off trail? And what lug depth lugs on that xtx? If its 1.6 you can still stud it,if you do,may want to add more than the stock 3or 4 inch stock carbides,i like shapers,7.5" plenty of bite.

I still ride mostly trail a lil bit off trail and i dont plan on any studs

Snow Trackers, hands down! They hold the trail; they don't dart; they last forever; and they will make your sled steer like power steering.

If you are just buying carbides, snow trackers with the right suspension settings work excellent

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like everyone really likes the snowtrackers. Just was looking on the snowtrackers site didnt see any info for 2020 sleds. Also does anyone know what skis are on the XTX. When i did a search on dennis kirk for carbides it shows exact fit for carbides that go on C&A pro and curve ind skis

Last edited:
Snow trackers work for sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on the drag they cause? That much iron on the bottom of your ski, do you think they would slow you down compared to others like slim Jim’s or shaper bars which also work well?

Bergstrom triple points are very good.

You can call “SNOWTRACKERS ” at 1 855-387-8757. Mike Haggerty is the wizard behind them. Website is:
OKTAIN.COM. They have other snow related equipment also.

HANK

They are located in Maine and will ship anywhere

HANK

Does anyone know what kind of skis come on the 2020 XTX LE
They call it a "Crossover" ski. I took a quick look at them side by side with the Yamaha "Mountain Ski" that comes on the XTX SE, and could not see a lot of difference, but I didn't measure the width, or look at the profile or bottom of the ski. It is pretty clear that the XTX SE is aimed more for the off-trail segment with a 2" track, the mountain spindles and narrower front end, while the XTX LE seems to be more trail friendly, coming with the 1.6" track and standard front end, so it makes sense that the XTX SE would have a "mountain" ski.

upload_2019-10-16_11-23-22.png

anyone have experience with these? I am considering using them on my curve skis instead of slim jims as it looks like the space between the carbides is wider so less chance of stones getting stuck in them!

Back