• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbon build up in turbo

fxnytrortxkid

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro rtx
Hey guys. Sleds apart for its yearly maintenance and a track swap. Looking at turbo it seemed to have a ton more carbon build up than before. It’s maxspool 17 tune cai and 2.5sq. Any suggestions or just let it go? I would attach file but can’t get photo small enough

Hey guys. Sleds apart for its yearly maintenance and a track swap. Looking at turbo it seemed to have a ton more carbon build up than before. It’s maxspool 17 tune cai and 2.5sq. Any suggestions or just let it go? I would attach file but can’t get photo small enough
What brand of oil do you use?

I use this APP for resizing pics. Works great.
Screenshot_20220102-091406_Photo & Picture Resizer.jpg

Klotz estorlin, yamalube first 2 years then tried amsoil but switched since they don’t make a 0-30 only a 0-40

First thing I'd do is throw that crap in the oil recycling barrel! Racing lubes don't contain much or any TBN or detergents. You don't want racing oil for trail use that in these snowmobile turbo engines. Plus Klotz is bottom of the barrel when it come to wear protection.

Quaker State 5-30 has the best wear protection and rated #1 right now according to the 540 Rat blog. Using 5-30 Mobile One or any good synthetic would be better than Klotz Estorlin Racing Oil.

Read this and form your own opinion, but I don't think you'll be using Klotz Racing Oil after your done reading, just saying. 5-30 Klotz Estorlin Racing oil is rated 234th out of 261 oils tested. Pretty much bottom of the barrel for wear protection. https://540ratblog.wordpress.com

The carbon build up is likely due to your choice of oils.
Without getting too deep into an oil discussion, you really can't go wrong with Mobil 1. I run 0-30 and have run 0-20 in the past with good results.

Where does it say he is using racing oil?
He never said that. He said he was using Klotz estorlin.

Do a search on it. Thats what the label says. Plus the fact its extremely poor performing and bottom of the barrel wear rating according to Rats 540 Blog.

Do a search on it. Thats what the label says. Plus the fact its extremely poor performing and bottom of the barrel wear rating according to Rats 540 Blog.

So your saying the klotz oil that’s rated in this blog is the same oil the guy posted is using? That’s my only question.

This oil was rated in the blog? I want to see the results on THIS oil.

So your saying the klotz oil that’s rated in this blog is the same oil the guy posted is using? That’s my only question.

If it's Klotz Estorlin 5-30 than that's the oil that rated 234th. in Rats Blog.

This oil was rated in the blog? I want to see the results on THIS oil.

Here it is. 234th on the list. Rat calls this "moderate protection" for wear protection.

1B66E0D7-ACBA-40EC-BCB8-75208E7734DC.jpeg

Here is the Quaker State 5-30, #1 on the Rat Blog list for wear protection.

C5B59674-1AAA-47DA-9164-29563CB3803E.jpeg

Not sure that’s the snow 4x they make it for auto use also and it’s a totally different blend. But I do get what you are saying.

Anyway here’s pic. It’s always had lots of carbon. Just thought this might be more than I remember. I’m at 5000 miles also. And also first year running ms17. Got pics to work

Attachments

• F1F368D0-CD1F-40CB-949A-CF8649A5BEC6.jpeg
    F1F368D0-CD1F-40CB-949A-CF8649A5BEC6.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 110

Back