• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carbs wont stay on

brennen

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rx1
03 rx1 2200 miles. Sled has been running bad so took carbs off and cleaned. Now im cant keep them on the boots. one side will tighten down but then the other side will pop out no matter how tight i get the allen bolt. Do i need to take clamps off and grind the spacer some? As far as I can tell the carbs are all the way seated into the boots but after tightening one side will pop back out.
Also still not running good, only getting 9200 rpms

I'm ready to get rid of my RX for a fuel injected sled almost entirely because of the carb boots! In particular it isn't the carb to engine boot, it is the airbox to carb.

Couple things that make it a little easier. Spray a little silicone on the boots, helps them slip. You can feel if it is seated correctly by reaching into the boot.

Also make sure the clamps are entirely loose when you start, if there is any resistance the boot will fight you. And then make sure the clamps are entirely in the pocket that holds them. If it is too far back, it will essentially push the boot off.

Looking forward to see if anyone else has any suggestions!

that is weird. on my old one i would have the clamps loose, push the rack into place, take light and mirror and make sure that one did not fold, then tighten them snug. for the air box i would take the lid off, push it into place, take a pick and mirror and make sure all the boots went on properly using the pick from the inside the air box. tighten clamps and done. have the air box off every year when i replaced the oil filter as part of my pre season. once in place i never had an rx one pop off. apex yes but not an rx.

Air box lid off, and heat the boots up with a hair dryer to get them warm to hot. This will make them more flexible and they will pop onto the carbs much more easily. You should feel the air box actually pop onto the carbs. Now you can check the fit by looking thru the air box intakes at the carb intakes.

Back