• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cardo pack talk BOLD communicator

I have the pack talk bold JBL

Do you like it and is it a good price?

It’s a love hate relationship. When they work perfect they’re awesome. I sometimes have problems with the intercom at fast speeds, it’s always volume control. I listen to music when riding and when it hears someone talking it cuts some of the volume from the music so you can hear the person talk to you, but sometimes it cuts the volume and no one is there. We’ve played with mic sensitivity, all the different volume controls and it’s still inconsistent. Other times I’ll be listening to music and it will get real loud, like hurt your ears loud. If it would just stay consistent I would be happy. We always have the latest update so that’s not it. I think my buddys mic #*$&@ the bed last time out. With all that said I would buy again. It’s cool to talk #*$&@ to your friend when riding and also not have to stop and do the visual at every stop or whatever. More than half of the time the voice commands don’t work either so I just learned the buttons, you can do it with a gloved hand no problem. Distance is not great but I don’t think any of them are. If your running 60-90mph and waiting for the snow dust to settle you will be in and out of range but it connects automatically when you get within range again. I think I paid $400-$425 off Amazon.

Our group uses them and while they are super nice for chatting with your buddies we have the same problems as Rtbo. We have narrowed it down to open face helmets and full face helmets though. Newer full face helmets like the oxygen or mission they work amazing just like there intended too. Trying to use them on open face helmets causes all the problems, the mic picks up wind noise and keeps it open, engine/exhaust when using the flipper hard but the moisture that freezes on the boom mic is the worst. Keeps the comms open and lowers the volume on your music. If you shop you can find a set of 2 for $400.

Back