• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat Magnetic Tether

Monster Max

Extreme
Hi picked up the new Cat M9000 tether for my Nytro has I have decided to clean up my bars and lose my kill switch. Made the plug and play cable with the ends from Eastern Beaver and Molex. Cost about 8$ CDN for the cable and 70$ for the tether.

The tether is NC Part # 8639-075

Tether End: Molex 34900-2120

Yamaha End: Eastern Beaver 2P090WP-MT-L

I have absorbed so much knowledge and help from this website over the years, I figured I should pass some of my own.

Hope this helps some of you.

MM
IMG_5220.jpg
IMG_5221.jpg
IMG_5222.jpg
IMG_5223.jpg

do you have any connectors 4 sale ? or can tell me where to find the connector in canada

I a few left over...if you are ever down in Edmonton I can give you one. I bought them from Newark. The pins ( you need 2 are 43Y2420) and the plug is 5874039.

I a few left over...if you are ever down in Edmonton I can give you one. I bought them from Newark. The pins ( you need 2 are 43Y2420) and the plug is 5874039.

Thank you so much for the offer but I have found them online . Just wanted to confirm the part number you gave first was
Molex part number 34900-2120 for the plug
Newark Part No.: 58Y4039 for the plug

pins are : 43Y2420

Thanks so much in advance you have been a great help. I was having a lot of trouble finding the connector

Here is my order sheet to confirm...It didn't take me long to find them once my electrical guy at work reconized them. Newark lets you buy 1 or 2 which is nice. I know another guy had to buy a large minimum. What sled are you putting it on? I had to use relay on my nytro because of the current going through the kill circuit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.05.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.05.06 AM.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 394
Here is my order sheet to confirm...It didn't take me long to find them once my electrical guy at work reconized them. Newark lets you buy 1 or 2 which is nice. I know another guy had to buy a large minimum. What sled are you putting it on? I had to use relay on my nytro because of the current going through the kill circuit.

2014 proclaim M8000 so I do not need the relay. thanks a million again

Last edited:
What kind of relay did you put on for the nytro? Any pics of final product? This would help myself and a bunch of yamaholics in the future. Thanks.

Hi picked up the new Cat M9000 tether for my Nytro has I have decided to clean up my bars and lose my kill switch. Made the plug and play cable with the ends from Eastern Beaver and Molex. Cost about 8$ CDN for the cable and 70$ for the tether.

The tether is NC Part # 8639-075

Tether End: Molex 34900-2120

Yamaha End: Eastern Beaver 2P090WP-MT-L

I have absorbed so much knowledge and help from this website over the years, I figured I should pass some of my own.

Hope this helps some of you.

MMView attachment 142898View attachment 142899View attachment 142900View attachment 142901
Once I find the connections to build this plug in wire what does the white end connect to I have not yet found a proper wire or plug on the sled

Back