• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat part # for 88p chain

Fleecer

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Anyone know the cat # for an 88 pitch 15w hyvo chain?

Buy a 92 and knock some links out of it.

What gear combo are you trying to run ?

Yeah Dave can make what ever length you want.

Thinking about trying 42/24=1.75 ratio.

Sounds good, looks like I'll have to cut one.

What ratio you running in that chain?
I'm running 21/43, 2.04 ratio, a little more dog leg than i would like but so far has worked without problems. I wanted to keep rotational weight down and not use the bigger gears and chain of the 24/50 ratio

problem with going these gear combos alot of time you end up with dog legs that are excessive. 2.04 ratio id run 24/50 and for fleecer id run the 21/38 both recommended ratios by Cat. not saying it cant be done .

I'm running 21/43, 2.04 ratio, a little more dog leg than i would like but so far has worked without problems. I wanted to keep rotational weight down and not use the bigger gears and chain of the 24/50 ratio
Unless your are a drag racer looking to extract the last .001 ET, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about that little bit of weight.
Also, I'm a fan of larger top sprockets since I find that these chains fit better into the teeth around them with less stress and wear.
I would like to see Cat and Yamaha fill some of the voids with sprockets and chain sizes.

Well thats part of my problem, I'm old fat ex drag racer and rotational weight on the driveline is said to be 7 to 10lbs per lb. So it all adds up for the short and quick, not so much for the speed runner, he wanted a chain i told him where he could get it,

Back