• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat rider just ordered 2012 Nytro xtx

romie

Extreme
Well, after the overwhelming negative and positive on this machine that I received via pm and forum responses on here and arcticchat I decided to go with the yami. Why? Dealer location, warranty, personal ride experience this winter, price, cats shorter warranty, and too many unknowns on the new cat. I hope this goes well for me. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise. --Got the black 2012 with 5 year warranty; for resale purposes. :Rockon:

you wont regret it, my brother in law just ordered the same one. he rode my 09 xtx couple times and my apex. really couldn't be talked out of it. I will never own another short track, ever. the only reason I can think of not getting the xtx, is waiting another season to hope for something new

Congrats romie! Great choice. I am a former long-time cat rider as well. I bought my xtx this past winter (came off an Apex) and absolutely love it. My brother (also a prior Cat guy and also came off an Apex) took one ride on my xtx and went out an bought one also. Awesome sled IMO...you just need to get her dialed in to your liking. I tell people my Apex was faster speed wise but I can 'ride' the xtx faster.

romie said:
Well, after the overwhelming negative and positive on this machine that I received via pm and forum responses on here and arcticchat I decided to go with the yami. Why? Dealer location, warranty, personal ride experience this winter, price, cats shorter warranty, and too many unknowns on the new cat. I hope this goes well for me. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise. --Got the black 2012 with 5 year warranty; for resale purposes. :Rockon:

Congrads, owning Nytro is much like having a girlfriend on the side, you will soon find yourself spending money on it behind your wifes back, but money well spent!!!!

romie said:

Should take some time and fill out your info, you will be spending alot of time on this site...

mytro said:
romie said:

you will soon find yourself spending money on it behind your wifes back, but money well spent!!!!

haha that is so true! :Rockon: [/u]

romie said:
Is it wrong that I am already online looking for performance mods.

I started ordering performance parts before my snowmachine even got in my driveway! so I would say no! get the oft steering relocate and 2-21/2 bar riser... you wont regret it...

natedawgedog said:
romie said:
Is it wrong that I am already online looking for performance mods.

I started ordering performance parts before my snowmachine even got in my driveway! so I would say no! get the oft steering relocate and 2-21/2 bar riser... you wont regret it...
Thats for sure ... Rode my buddies with the oft on it and had to get it I keeped saying i don't need that but it makes a big diff. thats for sure

Of all the sleds I owned I like the Nytro the best.

To really bring it around to my liking I added:
6.9 Pilot skis
larger gas tank
Hygear tripple rate springs
tall windshield
header
clutch kit
and I just installed yesterday a Ultra Q muffler, sounds sweet.

The only thing I wish the Nytro had was a better guage package.

Moving the guage off the dash on to the steering post makes it much easier to read. Not much info but more in veiw and Roest makes this item also!

looked into that tooo but don't look down at it ... The sky is the limit you can go crazy with it
Good luck and have fun with it

Back