• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat Ski??

SAB1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
2010 Vector GT
2006 Apex
I still have to get on this project. Anyone know part number and price on the artic cat ski?

I still have to get on this project. Anyone know part number and price on the artic cat ski?
I have the set I took off of my SW when I installed my 6.9 pilots if you're interested. Maybe 300 miles on them. But for not that much more, I would simply go 6.9's.

I priced them out and the Pilot 6.9's are quite a bit cheaper than Arctic cat skis. I bought my 6.9's on EBAY from Leaders for $220.00. They are also selling them on Amazon. Its seems like a lot more people are buying the pilots than Arctic cat skis.

pilot.jpg
I made the switch to the 6.9 Pilots. 7.5 Shaper bars in the center, square 4 inch Doo (Woody's) on the outside.

I priced them out and the Pilot 6.9's are quite a bit cheaper than Arctic cat skis. I bought my 6.9's on EBAY from Leaders for $220.00. They are also selling them on Amazon. Its seems like a lot more people are buying the pilots than Arctic cat skis.
New for new the cat ski's are more than the Pilots. But you can find brand new take off Cat ski's pretty reasonable. Doo is now making the 6.9 pilot again. You should be able to find a Doo dealer that will sell them for about $100 each.

I have the set I took off of my SW when I installed my 6.9 pilots if you're interested. Maybe 300 miles on them. But for not that much more, I would simply go 6.9's.

More than likely the stock ski on any Yamaha snowmobile after 2014 will not be an Arctic Cat ski. Pretty sure Winders only come with Tuners on the Trail sleds.

More than likely the stock ski on any Yamaha snowmobile after 2014 will not be an Arctic Cat ski. Pretty sure Winders only come with Tuners on the Trail sleds.
I was referring to a set of cat skis I installed from my 2016 zr900 turbo cat onto my sidewinder. The tuners never saw the snow

New for new the cat ski's are more than the Pilots. But you can find brand new take off Cat ski's pretty reasonable. Doo is now making the 6.9 pilot again. You should be able to find a Doo dealer that will sell them for about $100 each.

Good to know. I thought the 6.9 was being discontinued or at least read that somewhere

View attachment 129304 I made the switch to the 6.9 Pilots. 7.5 Shaper bars in the center, square 4 inch Doo (Woody's) on the outside.
With your setup Did you have to get a special mounting kit? Also your Yamaha loops just go right on the 6.9's? I think this is the setup I will go with nice stock look with performance!! I snow checked a Blue 2018 Sidewinder LTX -LE

With your setup Did you have to get a special mounting kit? Also your Yamaha loops just go right on the 6.9's? I think this is the setup I will go with nice stock look with performance!! I snow checked a Blue 2018 Sidewinder LTX -LE

see rockerdan's post with detailed install and setup instructions in sidewinder talk subforum...you can still get the 6.9's...

for anyone interested I have a new set of tuner take offs for sale..

Last edited by a moderator:

Back