• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cat skis

ltxbill

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha sr viper ltx se 1998 srx 600
Looking at getting rid of the tuner skis for arctic cat skis, to help with the heavy steering. Cat makes 5 and 6 inch ski, which one would you recommend. Tuners are 5 inches wide. Thanks for the input.

5" is what most guys are talking about coming on 14's. Never tried the 6". That must be their Mountain ski.

Pro climb 7" work awesome and great price too, but than again I ride mostly off trail.

I just upgraded to 6” cat skis. Put 82kms on them this year so far and it was probably the best $200 bucks I’ve spent on my sled yet! Also came with 6” woodys dual carbides. Can’t believe I waited so long.

No darting, Almost feels like I have power steering now lol

I'm running the 5 inch cat skies(14's came with them)with the staggered cat carbides. It's the only way to go in my opinion they rail in the corners and zero darting. They are a fraction of the cost of some other skis out there and preform better in my opinion. I'm not gonna drop $500.00 on a set of skis and then have to put dulley carbides on them to eliminate the darting. That's over $700.00 for a ski and runner set up.

It’s crazy to think guys spend between $5-$700 dollars on ski setups. When I heard guys were switching to cat skis and they were good, I thought why not? Let’s give em a try. If they sucked, then it was only $200. Sure glad I made the switch!

It’s crazy to think guys spend between $5-$700 dollars on ski setups. When I heard guys were switching to cat skis and they were good, I thought why not? Let’s give em a try. If they sucked, then it was only $200. Sure glad I made the switch!
I figure it the difference between "want" and "need". There are people that buy a sled and drive it as is, and there are people that are always changing components and modding. It's just who you are, or personal preference. I'm not a huge performance guy. When I buy a sled, I buy used, so I always tear it apart for maintenance purposes. After that I'll always make a few small changes to make it "mine". Skis are one thing that you have a ton of options. I see carbides as an imperative.

I figure it the difference between "want" and "need". There are people that buy a sled and drive it as is, and there are people that are always changing components and modding. It's just who you are, or personal preference. I'm not a huge performance guy. When I buy a sled, I buy used, so I always tear it apart for maintenance purposes. After that I'll always make a few small changes to make it "mine". Skis are one thing that you have a ton of options. I see carbides as an imperative.

Any snow over in Peterborough?

Any snow over in Peterborough?
No unfortunately but the weather has thinking about it, and I've done all my preseason work. Just waiting for my center shock Stingray spring, but there's a bit of a postage interruption...

What was the total cost of that spring shipped into Ontario if you don’t mind me asking?

We were at Haliburton forest last Wednesday and it was pretty good. Nice little day ride to make sure everything is working as it should...

$95 USD. Good guy to deal with and if you can order more than one it helps with shipping costs. I think we've hijacked this thread! My 2 cents, I love my Cat skis and I'm tempted to try the mountain ones. I doubt they'd hurt you one the trails, and I bet they'd be better in the fluff.

Ok thanks.

We didn’t go too far off track! I looked at those 7” mountain skis with a 1.5”x1.5” keel and they look awesome! But it think they would be extremely aggressive which is what the guys at the cat dealer told me as well. They will definitely provide lots of floatation in the powder that’s forsure!

Ordered the 6 inch. My buddy has these on his 2015 zr 6000 lxr. I rode it the steering is light, that maybe due the lighter engine up front. I have 2 turns in the center spring & 70 psi in frt shocks.

Back