• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat zrt800 skid installed in myRX1

LICKETY SPLIT

Extreme
My sled with cat skid has 1100 miles last season,The track does not rachette because the cat skid tightens when you hit the throttle,I engage it at 5000 rpm with heel clickers,I have the stock rx1 drivers,the $400.00 cat suspension is 12#lighter,the cat suspension has approx 6''more track on the ground,it has a superior ride,it rides like a thundercat 2000 or newer,I have the remote adjuster on mine,very happy with this setup.I also installed the cat zr front shocks with the remote clickers next to them,a big difference in ride.Will let you know how it hooks up with my mc turbo,when i get it installed.SEE YA

Hi lee,hows everything going? Your sled still looks as mean as last year,when you going to get your turbo installed? My friend is working on my zr skid now,he went and reworked the fox in rear to clickers now,should ride really good over the rough,should be using your instructions shortly for an install,i will let yoyu know how it all turns out, Pete 8)

I can't speak for Lee, but I know mine (with only 500 miles, and still in need of fine tuning), transfers great. I can sit naturally and it hooks up great out of the corners on the trail, keeping the skis on the ground. Sit back on the straights, and the skis come up a little and it HOOKS! I was easily competing with my buddy with a ZR900. With a better track I think I can take him. At least until he installs his 1000 big bore kit.

Jim

cat skid

Made some additions to my cat skid because of added mc turbo,it would rub on the tunnel protectors because of added 100hp,it would squat down under acceleration and rub,I added the square blocks behind the scissors,ordered from cat about $7.00 each,added the oversize spring block adjuster,from hi performance engineering $40.00,and also relaved the rear shock made it about 30%stiffer,probably don't have to redo the rear shock with stock motor,I have the template an locations for the 2 new holes in the front,and also the template for the new rear mounting plates,they use the stock yamaha holes in the rear.email me a fax# and i will fax them to anybodyLee

Back