• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chain case crack

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
I took my chain case apart 3 times over the winter as I was leaking chain oil. Put a new gasket on it and even tried gasket maker. Nothing worked. So today I took in apart looking for a crack. Once i wiped away the oil I could easy see the crack. .
No damage to the chain case anywhere so put it back together and going to take it to dealer as it under warranty.
crack.jpg

20180404_023517.jpg
Found this today and no oil in the sight glass.With a mirror I can see two more cracks behind the exhaust.There are two cracks in this picture.

I took my chain case apart 3 times over the winter as I was leaking chain oil. Put a new gasket on it and even tried gasket maker. Nothing worked. So today I took in apart looking for a crack. Once i wiped away the oil I could easy see the crack. .
No damage to the chain case anywhere so put it back together and going to take it to dealer as it under warranty.View attachment 139793

That the junk that Arctic Cat makes. Never see this on true Yamaha sleds.

Yamaha have approved my dealer to replace chain case front and back . They found a small crack on cover next to tab and crack in back that's in picture above.

yap that's a known issue. My sons '17 LTX LE had to have it changed right after he took delivery of it. His buddy and brother both had to have there's replaced as well. JMO but the sooner that Yamaha distances themselves from Cat the better so hopefully they are gearing up to do just that.

Back