• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case disassembly

RCk

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder LTX-LE 2015 Apex XTX , 2013 RS Venture GT,09 RS Venture GT .05 RX Warrior
I tried searching and found plenty of videos of taking cover off. I cant seem to find any videos of actually how to take all the gears and chains off. Does anyone have a link on how to do this. I want to check the top gear and everything else out. Thanks

It's fairly straight forward. 2 circlips to remove. Keep track of the thrust washers. Parts breakdown readily available online if you can't figure out how it goes back together. Helps also if you take pictures as you go.

I tried searching and found plenty of videos of taking cover off. I cant seem to find any videos of actually how to take all the gears and chains off. Does anyone have a link on how to do this. I want to check the top gear and everything else out. Thanks
If you like I have a few videos of disassembly. Pm me your number I can send you videos.

This was my first disassembled Yamaha chain case in videos so I was a little green and needed back up. Now I can do it blind folded! Lol

Definitely take photos before you pull the gears off, I lay everything out in order it came off on a big sheet of paper.

The Yamaha app parts catalogue schematic can help also showing clearly the order of parts.
MS

Thanks everyone for advice. I will give this a try in the next few weeks. Seems pretty straight forward . I just like to see it before I disassemble. I am use to working on the Apex and Venture . A little grease and Fluid changes and your good to go.

R

RockerDan made some excellent videos 3 years ago with his SW. He posted a great summary here on this website with photos. I believe his videos are still up on you tube.
MS

Back