• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case mod for drive shaft bolt— what is it

Tod

Lifetime Member
What is the mod for the chain case at the drive shaft bolt?? Can’t seem to find any info if I do a search.

belive this would have to do with the bolt coming out and damaging the case cover— Tod

I am un aware of any mod for that. I always brake clean the threads on the bolt and in the shaft. then I apply red locktight and torque the bolt. been doing this for years on all my sleds. only had one sled loose a bolt head after a rough ride and caught it before any damage.

My threads on my bolt and in the shaft are a mess— hope I can red or green lock tight the crap out of it and be ok—

The original driveshaft was too short. Most people just ran without the bolt. This works as long as the driveshaft is kept centered in the tunnel by the clutch side bearing locking screws. I built a spacer that goes on the end of the driveshaft on the right side of the driveshaft to effectively lengthen it. Can't remember the length, but it is in an old thread.

Thanks for the replies—- hoping my bold holds w/red lock tight
They don't come loose, it's the harmonics that break it because the shaft is too short like mountain tech says.

They don't come loose, it's the harmonics that break it because the shaft is too short like mountain tech says.

o ok I thought the bolt started to back off and bore itself into the case cover— my case cover has been repaired as if the bolt pushed through the case....

o ok I thought the bolt started to back off and bore itself into the case cover— my case cover has been repaired as if the bolt pushed through the case....
They snap off in the shaft then the head and upper portion of bolt just roll around in there loosely eventually wearing through cover sometimes.

yes, they snap off. a spacer cut to a length that tightens evenly with the hub will permenantly fix it

Back