• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case

Is there any bushings and collars in there that have rusted? Had a collar on my nytro chain case that rusted really bad and it soiled the oil rust red. Fixed the moisture problem, use good oil and things have never looked better.
MS

Is there any bushings and collars in there that have rusted? Had a collar on my nytro chain case that rusted really bad and it soiled the oil rust red. Fixed the moisture problem, use good oil and things have never looked better.
MS
I used Amsoil. What did you find for the moisture problem. Is it the vent that was blocked?

I used Amsoil. What did you find for the moisture problem. Is it the vent that was blocked?
That is a possibility. Mine the little checkball in there was stuck closed. I was going to try adding a hose to the breather and tried blowing and sucking on it and nothing. Could see ball stuck.

That is a possibility. Mine the little checkball in there was stuck closed. I was going to try adding a hose to the breather and tried blowing and sucking on it and nothing. Could see ball stuck.
I will check it tomorrow. I have to understand how the water came in and made this dirt

I tried but not enough space to manipulate the hose and put to the vent. I took the tiny red pipe that is are with the brake cleaner and pushed brake cleaner in the vent and I saw it flow by the upper bearing. I think that is not blocked but I wondering why the ball in the event permited brake cleaner to enterred in the casing. Sorry for my English if my explanation is not clear.

I tried but not enough space to manipulate the hose and put to the vent. I took the tiny red pipe that is are with the brake cleaner and pushed brake cleaner in the vent and I saw it flow by the upper bearing. I think that is not blocked but I wondering why the ball in the event permited brake cleaner to enterred in the casing. Sorry for my English if my explanation is not clear.
The ball can be seen in the vent. The little red tube would open it easily.

I think those chain cases will create a bit of condensation on their own. But 4 or 5 seasons ago we had a really cold winter so I began running a space heater against the engine to warm it before riding worked great. That heat likely amplified chain case condensation - so it was my doing.

I have since stopped doing that and rely on a coolant heater that works great. The condensation does not seem to be a problem now. I also have been using Amsoil gear lube and it seems to coat things well. I also drop an ounce of Lucas oil stabilizer in the case. I think it also helps as it leaves a small coating on all the parts to prevent corrosion during the long periods of storage/sitting.
MS

Back