• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chain tension

sbot69

Veteran
Put 90 miles on my 2014 LTX-SE last year(bought at end of season) and only 100 so far this year. Checked tension last year at end of season. When should I check again? And what should be back out on tension bolt? Owner manual says 1/4 turn but been told that is wrong, but should be 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 back out. Any info appreciated

What type of chain oil do you use? My wife's sled is an arctic cat tz1 with same motor, can I use same chain oil on hers? How much oil does chain case hold?

What type of chain oil do you use? My wife's sled is an arctic cat tz1 with same motor, can I use same chain oil on hers? How much oil does chain case hold?

Is it a Pantera? If its a TZ1 its Diamond Drive. Do not use that oil. Use Yamaha Brand or any Synthetic and fill it right to top of window. At 3000mi I recommend cover removal and full inspection of gears. Before that just suck it out unless really contaminated.

Is it a Pantera? If its a TZ1 its Diamond Drive. Do not use that oil. Use Yamaha Brand or any Synthetic and fill it right to top of window. At 3000mi I recommend cover removal and full inspection of gears. Before that just suck it out unless really contaminated.
Yes it is a 2014 TZ1. Any info on what the Sr viper should use? Thanks everyone!

Back