• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase problem.

srx700lt

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
SW XTX-146 SE
Hi all,
Today when riding my BTX it stoped moving forward. Online a rattle came from the chaincase. Reverse works but not when I try to go forward.
Anyone have any idea on whats happening?

Mine came from factory with not even enough oil to read on the site glass. Check that.

Viper and sidewinder chaincases are garbage. The top gear has a bushing in it that’s failing after 2000 miles. The upper jackshaft bearing is prone to failure also. The reverse/forward shift fork breaks the small plastic sliders if you look at them wrong, very cheaply made imo. They have been popping out of gear while riding since 2014.

It sits at a dealer now, so I will probably know what happened during next week. It's under warranty so I hope it doesn't take to long to get it fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_1369 (2).JPG
    IMG_1369 (2).JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1367 (1).JPG
    IMG_1367 (1).JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1369 (1).JPG
    IMG_1369 (1).JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 164
This is the installation video for the DMC heavy duty gear / bushing.

Dave

Hi! I am planning to run my Sidewinder for years to come and coming from 11 trouble free years on the Nytro turbo, I would like to do this upgrade.

I couldn`t find the brass shift fork pads on eBay?

Hello Kimoajaj,
Thank you for your interest in our DMC HD Gear and Bushing.
We have 21, 22, and 24 tooth and Brass pads in stock.

We could process your order directly via paypal if that is ok.

Please email me directly and we can process your order.

davidmoegle@gmail.com

Dave DMC

Back