• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase question!!

razor_220

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro X-TX(sold)
Yamaha SRViper X-TX(sold)
Yamaha sidewinder B-TX
Hey guys!! Hopefully everyone is having a good February!
Went and checked chain tension on sidewinder today and i could screw the bolt all the way in.
Removed cover everything is still together, but that top gear has play in it.
Is it safe to say that top gear bushing is gone!?

Hey guys!! Hopefully everyone is having a good February!
Went and checked chain tension on sidewinder today and i could screw the bolt all the way in.
Removed cover everything is still together, but that top gear has play in it.
Is it safe to say that top gear bushing is gone!?

If it wobbles is gone! It should be snug and not move on the shaft.

Tack Weld the tensioner screws while you are in there!!!!!!!

Thanks Knapp!! Tack welded tensioner last year.
Notice the bottom 2 big gears wobble a bit also! thats probably not good either?

That's normal.
Okay good!! Was just checking prices!! Haha!!
Would the chain loosen that much from top gear failing? Or you thing chain is streched and needs to be replaced too?

Okay good!! Was just checking prices!! Haha!!
Would the chain loosen that much from top gear failing? Or you thing chain is streched and needs to be replaced too?
A worn top bushing will cause the chain to loosen. Chain should be good for many miles, what's it reading?

A worn top bushing will cause the chain to loosen. Chain should be good for many miles, what's it reading?
I have just over 7500km(4660miles) on my winder!

Probably best to purchase the DMC top gear and super bushing!!

Do you have adjustment left with the new bushing in?
I havent gotten a new bushing yet! But when i do install new bushing i check it then if i need new chain

I havent gotten a new bushing yet! But when i do install new bushing i check it then if i need new chain
It will be a sign. Also look at the teeth on the top sprocket. Are you replacing the bushing or buying a new gear with the bushing?

Back