• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chainquestion

alexi

Country
Other
Snowmobile
SR viper XTX LE Proboost IC
Hello. Does somebody know viper stock chain widht? My original was 13w and after fail I get new chain and upper sprocket from CAT dealer. Get 15w chain and wider sprocket and they have little different tooth profile than oe and now i dont know can I keep original lower sprocket? And why there is 13w chain in Yamaha,(My one misconstructed?) every 4 stroke CAT seems to have chain and upper sprocket 15w and lower 13w.

1C1B90E5-EFB9-45CA-AF99-F58967FA77F7.jpeg
7098B538-700A-4C02-9767-23A6B5A120EA.jpeg
DF48D5DE-15EA-4F64-AA3B-D0B58F59E309.jpeg

Viper is 13 wide stock, just looked up cat 7000 there 13w. I think the only machine using the 15w is the sidewinder and the 9000 cat

Viper is 13 wide stock, just looked up cat 7000 there 13w. I think the only machine using the 15w is the sidewinder and the 9000 cat

So I need to get 9000/ sidewinder lower sprocket and hope its widht match with oe reverse gear?

dont know if it well work, better to get chain and top gear 13w I would think.

So I need to get 9000/ sidewinder lower sprocket and hope its widht match with oe reverse gear?
The reverse has nothing to do with it. The gears you have shown will both work with the reverse. You must get the Hyvo gears and chain to work with your Hyvo lower gear. So Winder or 9000. The old cat stuff was not Hyvo and was weaker.

Thankyou everybody! Case is far more clear now, and I think i have non hyvo 15w now,‍♂️ Other words rexnord?

Just tested, new chain will not go bottom of the oe lower gear hyvo tooth
Ill try chance them to hyvo 15w, does lower oe fit to hyvo 15w chain?

And then gear ratio, newer hyvo 15w seemed to be 22/48T? Oe viper 21/41.
Does someone have opinion wich way i should go with turbo 141 and next season will be 153 track. ?

Does someone have opinion wich way i should go with turbo 141 and next season will be 153 track. ?
What type of riding do you do most? I put 25/48 in my LTX and it is a monster from 20 to 95 MPH so perfect for aggressive trail riding. If I were to spend most my time in powder or boondocking I would definitely gear lower.

What type of riding do you do most? I put 25/48 in my LTX and it is a monster from 20 to 95 MPH so perfect for aggressive trail riding. If I were to spend most my time in powder or boondocking I would definitely gear lower.

Maybe i tune it lower. I drive both of them, but often I find myself and xtx LE Messing in hills between trees with long tracked boondockin sleds. (My 2stroke friends call my sled ”grand piano” :mad:) So i need to prepare for 153 track and powerline tuning. I like how My frends M8000 CAT goes to top power revs in deep snow hard conditions immediately when WOT.

Of corse when turbo kicks in there is power but I need concentrate to clutch tuning before gearing, anyway now I need put something gear ratio in chaincase. Maybe I find help for clutching by searching this Forum, any links will be welcome...

Back