• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Challenger extreme 16x162, 2.5, 3inch pitch on apex mt

apexnfever

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
ANyone have this set up on their apex mt, and do you like its climbing ability, and durability, will it help in climbing compaired to the maverik?

I have been told that it will out do the maverik in climbing, any thoughts.

read in many places that climbing is very close to the maverick and neither of them is a whole lot better than the other.

SoCoRX1 said:
read in many places that climbing is very close to the maverick and neither of them is a whole lot better than the other.

I strongly disagree with ya, I just put the challenger extreme on my apex, and now she rips up the hill, in fact the KK riders I was with said the sled has done a 180.

I have noticed a tons of diffrence when it comes to climbing, but I have lost some on the trail, little sloppy, and only going 90 mph, lost 10 mph going to the challanger.

So I guess its all what you want your sled to do, as for me the extreme is doing great, and I will not go back to the maverik.

SoCoRX1 said:

I strongly disagree with ya, I just put the challenger extreme on my apex, and now she rips up the hill, in fact the KK riders I was with said the sled has done a 180.

I have noticed a tons of diffrence when it comes to climbing, but I have lost some on the trail, little sloppy, and only going 90 mph, lost 10 mph going to the challanger.

So I guess its all what you want your sled to do, as for me the extreme is doing great, and I will not go back to the maverik.

You are the one on snowest that says his apex has marked a 184hp 480lb sled and you can highmark just about any stock sled....

Is it just me or does anyone else find the maverik a little too flexible in the powder. They say it was designed to flex more for better floatation in the extreme deep stuff. I think it should be put on backwards to get better hook up....? Might try flip it this summer ! Buddy flipped his track on his 1M. It was like adding 20 hp with all the traction he was getting!
Worth a try?

track

Ya i agree that track is to soft.It gets beat up really fast and seems to fold over. i think im goign to switch to the extreme this summer.

The mav is made to be soft for the first 1/4 inch. its like the attack 20 but isnt eternally bent.
it shows you here at the camoplast site
http://www.camoplast.com/powersports/tr ... erick.html
that it is meant to bend.
It seems that people are indeed complaining about the maverick being folded at the end of the season. Turbotime you should try the flip and see if the lugs fold back to straight

Mav track sucks. Mine is dead after 300 miles under boost. Doing drop and roll now with new camo 162x16x2.5
It totally changed my King Cat after the switch.

I am telling all apex owners to get rid of the mav, and go with the extreme, tons better on the deep, and steep, mav never got me where I am going now.

Now to turn the mav around, now that will be interesting.

Keep us posted turbotime.

And it grabs like a gorilla, great track, you will notice a diffrence, I have.

Keep us posted on the Challenger Extreme and flipping over the Mav I have a CE on my wifes sled and if it is that much better she may (unknowingly) ride with the mav this year. I am trying to get the most out of my Apex with out losing any durability, so I am leaving the motor alone for now. Will the Challenger fit without the drop and roll chain case. Is there anyother mods needed to make it fit. :4STroke:

The 2.5" Mav Extreme rocked like I figured. You can fit it by changing your Yamaha drop brackets out for some custom ones without the D&R. The tunnel has clearance up front.

Back