• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing bulkhead on a apex mnt?

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
I have a hairline crack and a dent on the left half of my bulk head.....does the motor need to be pulled to change it out?

Ok so I just got mine out and got it all done in about 4 hours. Its not a hard job at all. You need to remove the front plastics, bumper, battery, airbox, battery frame, a- arms.
Then the inner steering arms, once thats done then you need to remove the pop rivets on each side as well as the motor mount bolts.
Then the oil tank needs to be drained and remove the bottom oil line hose.
Once thats done remove bulkhead and your ready to replace.

I had to replace mine on my RX1, one thing to becareful on is punching out the rivets near the water pump. I had the misfortune of punching a rivet through the water pump.

x2 on the water pump cover caution. Dealer put a hole through mine removing a bulkhead rivet - left side very bottom.

then again, they were a clueless lot

It was not hard to do. I was tapping the last rivet out and on the first couple of taps it did not come out so a buddy that was helpping me told me tap it a lttle harder and the coolant started to flow.

Back