• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing Donuts, New Bolts

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I would like to replace the donuts on a 2015 Vector with copper ones. What I would like to know is the mm. & the of length of these bolts.
There are 3 different bolts that I need the information on.
1st. bolt is for the clamps that secure the donuts Part No. 9109-06031-00
2nd. bolt is for the support bracket for exhaust Part No. 92012-08025-00
3rd. bolt is for holding the exhaust pipe to the muffler Part No. 95812-08020-00

I know there has been talk on here before about using different heads on these bolts & even different types of material.
What type of heads work the best & material

Thank's Rich (TrueBlue)

Imo, in and around the exhaust I would stick with the factory bolts and nuts, they’re proven to work and hold up to the heat.

I use socket head bolts in stainless. I don't have one apart now to get you the sizes.

I have a 2015 Vector. Are the new donuts that Yamaha sells improved since 2015
I was told that last year when I ought donuts from the dealer. It comes with a nice stainless steel bolt. No idea whats better about them though.

Which bolt was that for. (location)
Clamps.

IMG_1802.jpeg

So that would be 3 bolts correct
Correct. It’s sold as a kit. One donut with one stainless bolt. In my case I needed three. You can see the new donut on this picture.
IMG_1798.jpeg

My original donuts were toast
IMG_1796.jpeg

Removing the manifold was easy. The bolts that hold the exhaust tight were a pain. The head stripped. In my other picture you can see the easy out I needed to take the bolt out.
One donut was completely gone.

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

Back