• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

changing nyto mtx approach angle

hopewell64

Extreme
ok guys time to start the summer mods ( boy i hate summer ). i want to change the approach angle on my sled and i have an idea, i would like to know if anyone else has done this, i am gonna put in a camo extreme 2.5x16x156 in it with ice age rails ( dont know which ones ) and move the skid back in the tunnel to lower the approach angle (dont know how far back )i will probably go with kmod drop brackets to clear the 16 inch track. any ideas to make this work. also i am gonna mod the the tunnel , (pictures would help, thanks ). i already did an under tunnel exhaust. thanks happy summer .( ya,right ) :letsnow:

Good question. It will be interesting to see where this post ends up becasue It is obviously something that needs to be addressed on the older Nytro's
Yamaha obviously figured out they needed to address the issue because they reduced the approach angle on their 2010 line.
unfortunately I havent come across any post on here yet talking about how to reducing the approach angle on the 08-09 models

Drop and roll for Nytro

Avid Products is working on a drop and roll kit for the '08 and '09 Nytros. You will be able to run the 3" long paddles with an eight tooth driver. Approach angle should drop 15 degrees.

well i will check with avid later on . but i was thinking maybe artic cat rails, and with the 3 inch longer track moving the skid back aproximately 2 inches should lower the angle. i havent had a chance to aproximate the the angle change by moving the skid back 2 inches. but it should help. thanks for the replies ;)!

We have relocated a few skids. We have moved them back between 1-3 inches. We have also moved them up into the tunnel more. This does help with the approach angle.
We will be doing another of these this week and take a picture to show the difference.

hey that sounds great, will be great to see how that looks. do you know to what degree the approach angle changes to . did you guys go with a longer track after moving the skid. thanks

Alternate approach angle solution?

When installing a Timbersled skid and also trying to lower the approach angle....

Instead of drilling new holes in the tunnel, couldn't you just move the rail mounting points closer to the front of the rail? The Timbersled mount kit already has the back arm mount pieces and you could make something similar for the front.

In theory, this would effectively reduce the approach angle and you could move the shock mounting points in relation to the arm mounting points so the shock ratios were retained.

Look at the 2010 nytro rails and their front arm mounting point-- looks like they did something similar.

Does any of this make sense? Has anyone tried it?

Pwdrnut any pictures of what you have done??

Back