• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Charge tube ID? (for making a boost leak tester)

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
After having my sled out last weekend I noticed I was only making 15.5 PSI of boost on a TD max spool 16 tune. I would like to run a quick leak test tonight when I get up north again. Does anyone know the charge tube ID so I can buy fittings to put together a leak tester today?

I ended up making my own tester, was able to fill up to 25PSI using my M12 inflator and it took ~45-60 seconds to bleed down with no significant changes in the speed it was bleeding off. This leads me to believe that what leaks if any I have are minor enough to not matter to the turbo...

Tested 2 '17 TCats over last weekend. I had a regulator so I could dial in 20 psi and have it hold that while I checked. Both leaked at 20 psi. Did the clamp spacer mod to both and re-checked. Both did not leak after clamp mod. (Shortened spacers to .175").

Tested 2 '17 TCats over last weekend. I had a regulator so I could dial in 20 psi and have it hold that while I checked. Both leaked at 20 psi. Did the clamp spacer mod to both and re-checked. Both did not leak after clamp mod. (Shortened spacers to .175").

I've been grinding them down to .135" and been much happier with the clamping on them. Its amazing that at stock .250" thickness that there is zero clamping force on them!

2 1/8 refrigeration copper pipe works ,

I've been grinding them down to .135" and been much happier with the clamping on them. Its amazing that at stock .250" thickness that there is zero clamping force on them!
Whatever works. Even at .175 we could see the spigots bulge when the clamps bottomed. Boost leak test at 20 showed no leaks. I know there's many opinions on how much to shorten the spacers.

Back