• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Charging Apex battery

mapo

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex Gt
Dont know when the last time the battery on my apex was charged, so was thinking of giving it a slow charge on the trickle charger, do these sled charge the battery while they run or...., also how do I go abouts charging it, shouldve done it when it took it out and changed the oil filter but didnt, there are these to mysterious wires under the hood which seem to connect to the battery, they are kinda thick and theyre ends are taped off?, is this maybee where I can charge it, and is it safe to do so? Let m know....

You can charge the battery thru the battery leads that are located near the chaincase under the hood. They are red and black and have a protective rubber boot on them the at you can slip back when using.
Yes, the sled produces enough power to run all the electricals and charge the battery.

Yep, should be a red cable and a black cable sticking out, you can charge the battery with them, slow trickle charge is best with a automatic charger, my charger does a full scan of the battery and figures out what the battery needs for charging, your sled while running should charge the battery, 14-14.3 volt on the meter when checked at the battery while running is fine.

Pull on the ends of the boots that are covering the wire ends, you will figure out what is going on pretty quickly.

Never run a machine or car if batt is dead. It never builds up the load charge. Always charge batteries slowly to get the most life out of them

Does anyone have a picture of these cables for charging/jumping? I think I found the POS but would love to see a picture of exactly which is which. Definitely don't want to have to lift off the air box to get at the battery itself. Thank you.

Jay

Does anyone have a picture of these cables for charging/jumping? I think I found the POS but would love to see a picture of exactly which is which. Definitely don't want to have to lift off the air box to get at the battery itself. Thank you.

Jay
They have little rubber boots over them, otherwise they are just ring terminals like you would connect to the battery.

1674690712352.png

They have little rubber boots over them, otherwise they are just ring terminals like you would connect to the battery.

View attachment 171076
Thank you. I think I saw those. My battery has a bit of juice left in it so I can put an meter on the POS & NEG to confirm, and then I'll connect the trickle chargers. Thanks so much

Back