• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check your chain

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
20200923_100242_167532234670360.jpg Took my chaincase apart and found this. Upper gear Mcmaster bushing was a little loose after 4k miles so for that I'm happy.

7,200 miles
how hard do you operate the sled? Thanks for the very useful into on the chain problem, now I know my chain will need to be replaced around 7k miles...depending on knowing if you keep it pinned or a moderate operator such as myself. Thanks for the info..Joe

Aggressive riding, but not pinned for any length of time. Meticulous on maintenance on this sled. Now if I could get the damn brake rotor off to check the drive shaft. Any tips anyone?
thanks, that gives me a guide..im a 30-40mph trail rider and occasional outburst of adrenaline. Joe

Aggressive riding, but not pinned for any length of time. Meticulous on maintenance on this sled. Now if I could get the damn brake rotor off to check the drive shaft. Any tips anyone?
If it’s a struggle split the caliper but watch for the oring and try catching all fluid which eats the powder coating. Then just go back and forth by hand. A lot. If bearing spins it makes a burr on back of disc which makes it hard to get off.

I never split the caliper. Yes it can be a pain to get rotor off sometimes.

Yes it can be done without splitting the caliper but it does take some patience.
My buddy takes his brake pads off which gives you an extra 1/4” or so. I have done the same and it does cut that patience thing in half!

Cannondale27 method is probably the best, but I have been just unsure about splitting it and having to bleed the system, whereas some have had problems with proper bleeding. If you do need to bleed, make sure you force it through from the bottom with brake bleed kit or, oil can, or other type of pressure bleed device. That works first time!

Get a mity vac brake bleeder, they are around $60 I believe. Now I just split it when I want it apart and find it faster. Never tried pushing fluid up from bottom, I just vacuum through bleed screw while keeping reservoir full and it bleeds air out right away. Might try from the bottom next time.

I’ve done 30 maybe more , never split, do have buddy’s that split and then bleed but I figure if you have to split why bother . It can be pain getting rotor off even when split

I’ve done 30 maybe more , never split, do have buddy’s that split and then bleed but I figure if you have to split why bother . It can be pain getting rotor off even when split
I agree. Just giving guy alternative before frustration leads to forcing it by prying or something. Have seen that lead to the disc being stuck so bad they had to cut it off!

Do you have the BOP driveshaft saver?

Heat
I agree. Just giving guy alternative before frustration leads to forcing it by prying or something. Have seen that lead to the disc being stuck so bad they had to cut it off!

Heat hub of brake rotor w torch. Expands hub making it come off easier.

Back