• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check your primary. Re-torque NEW SPECS 108 back off then 43 ft lbs

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
I took my primary off last night. The bolt was tight BUT when I put the puller in I was able to pop it off by just holding the clutch with my hand!. I know this kinda goes without saying(with new sled) but I would suggest people re-torque the primary.
108 pounds then loosen and re toque to 43 I believe. Correct me if I have this wrong?

**108 lb. then 43**

Not saying mine would have come off but man it was NOT nearly tight enough(pressed on). IMO

this is my first Yamaha clutch/sled but it seemed way to loose compared to taking off other clutches in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

mine did the same 3 weeks ago

I took my primary off last night. The bolt was tight BUT when I put the puller in I was able to pop it off by just holding the clutch with my hand!. I know this kinda goes without saying(with new sled) but I would suggest people re-torque the primary.
80 pounds then loosen and re toque to 45 I believe. Correct me if I have this wrong?
Not saying mine would have come off but man it was NOT nearly tight enough(pressed on). IMO

this is my first Yamaha clutch/sled but it seemed way to loose compared to taking off other clutches in the past.

Yes, torque to 108 ft. lbs. , after clutch is torqued... loosen bolt and re-torque to 43 ft. lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Torque specs for new clutches from Tech Update book
image.jpeg

80 pounds then loosen and re toque to 45 I believe. Correct me if I have this wrong?

Good catch. Could you edit to the new even tighter specs?

Does this mean the sleds are coming off the line, with the primary too loose, and should be checked across the board?

Q. Arrius

Does this mean the sleds are coming off the line, with the primary too loose, and should be checked across the board?

Q. Arrius
No it means the torque specs for the new clutch is higher than the old clutches. Maybe Cat doesn't know that though.

Steve...is there anything in the new Tech Update book that addresses the belt ride height in the secondary clutch for proper belt tension?
There is. I will get that if no one else does. Is no spring specs and such like in past with new. I still don't agree with setting Deflection on stand other than to get close. It's so easy now. Do in the snow and get it tight as possible without creep or squeal. That's the best way.

Thanks for the UPDATE on torque specs Cannondale.
I would strongly suggest guys re torque seeing these new specs.
Yes I have a uneasy feeling that you found something here. None of us had a clue till this update came out. Hopefully Cat also got the update before they were built. Personally would not count on it.

No way My clutch was torqued to the new specs. Maybe mine was random BUT...
And its not like the bolt was loose. So no need to panic but a simple re torque is easy enough

No way My clutch was torqued to the new specs. Maybe mine was random BUT...
And its not like the bolt was loose. So no need to panic but a simple re torque is easy enough
I put this in FAQ at top of list. Is all we can do. Thank You Jon so many here are always observing and thinking,willing to share. Makes this the best site on earth!

Back